Do I have a tennis elbow?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I'm an almost 16 year old male. I'm a normal weight (around 72 kg, 159 lbs) and height (180 cm, 5'9) and I'm about averagely or slightly more than average muscular. I'd say I'm pretty healthy and don't have major physical issues very often. I don't smoke or drink and don't use any medication.

Since a few weeks I have a job. I don't know what it's called in English, but it's basically restocking shelves in a store. What I do for 2 hours, 3 times a week is lifting boxes, putting the products in the shelves and pushing carts with the boxes on it. It's quite a physically demanding job, hence the short working periods.

Around 3 weeks ago I started getting pain in my left elbow. I thought it was just some muscle ache. It was fine for a while, until last week. The muscle on the inside of my elbow (I think it's the extensor tendons) started hurting. I also sometimes have pain in my wrist and my hand. Sometimes it's pretty bad to the point where I have trouble writing.

My elbow also made a weird clicking sound for a few days. With every move when I had my arm in a 90 degree angle and rotated my hand it made a clicking sound. During my work 2 days ago it magically disappeared. It still hurts when I press on it or when I fully extending my arm. I also feel like I have trouble fully extending my arm, not just because of the pain but because I'm just unable to.

The clicking sound still appears when I put pressure on my arms. For example, it cracks really hard when I try to do some push ups. Sometimes it cracks so hard it hurts. The bones in my elbow and the other muscles also sometimes hurt, even when I'm not moving my arm.

Are these symptoms signs of a tennis elbow? I read a common cause is overuse or repetitive activity, and the latter might apply to my job. It doesn't prevent me from doing normal activities and it rarely bothers me during my job, it's mostly just annoying and especially when I'm doing exercises like push ups. I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance 😃

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.