Do you think it is HFMD related?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

My 1-year old son was diagnosed with HFMD on Tuesday. He had some ulcers in and around his mouth, a full body rash, fever, and sore throat (but none of the classic sores on hands or feet). That same day, I started feeling a bit run down and have had diarrhea, nausea, and lack of appetite since then (it’s now Thursday night). I never have stomach problems like this and am wondering if it could be from Coxsackie virus or if it is separate. I have no rash or sores.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Do you have a fever? I would bet it’s HFMD..usually the rash starts 2-3 days after the fever/malaise. However I never got the rash, I just kept the fever/body aches/fatigue for 10 days. The only reason I knew it was HFMD was because of the timing (my significant other got it the same time as me about 6 days after our daughter) and because I had weird tingling/burning in my hands and feet..just never broke out in the actual rash

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.