Does anyone get constant rapid pulse/ heart beat with costochondritis

Posted , 28 users are following.

Hi, I have not been diagnosed with costochondritis, just after to speaking to wonderful people on this forum I believe I may have the condition as I have alot of the symptoms and sore breast bone / ribs, but I'm wondering if anyone one has rapid pulse /heart rate alot! And my pain which was once on the left side chest /arm can now be felt alot if the time on the right side, thanks for taking the time to read this, x

0 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey Lynsey! I do, in fact I’ve actually got horrible pain right this moment in time which is causing my heart rate to increase. It’s very uncomfortable and is mainly on my left side but has spread to my right side and sometimes goes down my arms! I was diagnosed with costo 4 years ago. I hope this is reassuring x
    • Posted

Hi vicky, I'm so sorry to hear your In pain, I do hope it eases off soon, thank you so much for your reply I've been worried out of my mind for the last 3 weeks but was reassured thanks to lovely people, but the panic came back a couple of days ago when I started feeling the rapid feeling all the time, I don't just get it when I'm in pain, I get it when I'm not in pain aswell my heart just goes rapid for no reason, and I wake in the middle of the night with a rapid heart beat aswell does this also happen to you?, even when your not in pain, and please don't rush to answer my questions as I don't want to bother you while your in pain, I hope you feel better soon, lynsey x

• Posted

Don’t be silly, unfortunately I’m in pain most days so it’s nothing less than normal! I don’t have that no, sorry that’s not much help. My heart rate rises when I’m in pain but I think that’s also to do with my anxiety x
    • Posted

Oh I'm so sorry to hear you suffer so much, Im going to see a cardiologist in 2 weeks time so hopefully I'll get some answers there, I really hope you start to feel better soon and I'll let you know how I get on, take care and thank you for your quick replies, x

• Posted

Aw thank you lovely and yes definitely let me know how you get on! X
  • Posted

Hi I just read your post your not alone I have resting tachycardia now since I ve been diagnosed with costiocrondice they had to put me on heart meds to regulate it
    • Posted

Hi Donna, thanks for you reply, is tachycardia life threatening and do you just get a rapid heart rate and pulse out of no were, I'm not sure I have costochondritis I haven't been diagnosed I'm thinking I have as I have a sore breast bone with a lot of other costochondritis symptoms,. Lynsey x

• Posted

HI. Yes I get the pains, and ended up also with something called inappropriate sinus taccacardia as well. Not life threatening Thank God.  It a heart rate that goes over 100 even if not exerting yourself. Its treatable. Have you tried Arnica gel? all natural. you can get it a t walgreens or health food store or vitamin store. Also cold ice packs help me tremendously. Hope this helps. I love this site...so we can all help and support one another!!!!! Have a great day  smile smile smile
  • Posted

I'm on beta blockers to help this!!!

• Posted

Hi Grace, thanks for your reply, I've been given beta blockers by my doctor but have been scared to take them incase it's not a heart condition, as he also gave me a spray for angina so now I'm out of my mind with worry thinking I've got angina! But I've got the tender breastbone and ribs so I'm thinking you wouldn't have that with angina! And I love this site too, it's been so comforting talking to lovely people like yourself,😁 x ps do you have any tenderness in the ribs around your back as I do, x

• Posted

Hey - I’ve been taking beta blockers for well over 4 months now. They certainly don’t help with the pain - but do reduce the heart palpitations and sense of doom! I too like you was worried it would effect my health more and potentially cause problems later in life. I got opinions for two separate doctors who assured me that wouldn’t be the case.

The mix between the pain and anxiety/heart rate can be do debilitating. Reducing the heart rate / anxiety has really allowed me to step back and work through the pain. If you haven’t already give them a go - let me know how you get on.

Best wishes, r 

• Posted

yes i have pain in ribs as well at times. if your  dr feels you need meds. don't u think u should take them? has he done tests on you like echo cardiogram, stress test, ekgs

• Posted

Hi Grace, sorry I'm only just replying, I had a really scary experience last night I had a pain in my left shoulder for a couple of minutes then a strange feeling rather than pain in my arm then my arm felt like it was made of concrete afterwards, have you ever experienced this feeling, I had no nose in the chest while it was happening, and no grace the only test I had was a ecg and blood test on the first visit to A&E 4 weeks ago xxx

• Posted

Hi Lynsey. So sorry you experienced that. I've had times when I think my arm is stiff and heavy. But I was also diagnosed with Fibro Myalgia. You should speak to your dr about seeing a rheumatologist. They can rule out things, and also you fill out questionnaire of symptoms you are experiencing and based on that they can tell you if you have fibro myalgia. also there are blood tests they can do to see if may be another condition. I saw immunology as well. and a cardiologist. If you ever have pains that don't feel right go to ER. It never hurts to be safe than sorry!!!!  Good luck. Hope your having a great day today  smile

• Posted

Hi Lynsey

I'm doing ok. Can't complain. Ive been in ER a couple of times, but they have been great to me. And sometimes I really just need reassurance my chest pain isn't something worse!!! Between the Costro and Fibro Myalgia chest pain is common. But Im grateful I have my icepacks and neuron tin and extra strength tylenol lol. How r u feeling???

• Posted

Hi Grace, sorry to hear you've had to visit ER but glad to hear they treated you well and given you your extra strength medicine! lol. I'm not to bad woke up with sore ribs under the left arm area only lasted a couple of days then were not as sore, but now my left breast is so sore more to the touch than actual pain! Have you ever experienced pain in side of ribs or breast?, I also have a appointment with a cardiologist on Thursday which will hopefully show no heart conditions and put my mind at rest!, on a lighter note! How's the weather in the usa doing, raining in Britain as usual 😂, x

• Posted

sometimes my pain starts in my breasts or under my arms! It's awful. Pain usually starts in a shoulder blade and moves around, often settling between my breasts and I will end up with indigestion as well. I had heart tests in September and all is well in that area. I was used to the fibro, or as used to it as one can be, but this upper body pain that goes all the way around is something else. sometimes goes down my arms and even in my hands, but the torso part never goes lower than the bra line.It will leave my breasts, and meander to my underarms, then around and around, back and forth we go until it decides to stop!!The weirdest part for me is that so far it does not bother me at night! And all the attacks, as I call them, have happened when I was sitting! Sometimes I will go as much as two weeks with out a spell. It is just insane! In between times I am fine except for old age and fibro. Take care.

• Posted

Yes. I ended up with something called Inappropriate Sinus Taccacardia. Thank God its not life threatening. But you would need to go to a cardiologist first to get a diagnosis. Its treatable. Have most of the pains you are having. Was just recently diagnosed with Fibro Myalgia, In addition to having Costro. Have you tried arnica gel? Neurontin for the pain? soft ice packs, or heating pad?  Also, recently I heard the salan paus with lidocaine patch can help numb the pain. Hang in there. Better days are ahead!!!!!  smile We are all here to help each other.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.