Does anyone know how your sugar can go way up even when your hardly eating ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had covid was eating very little but my sugar went up to like 300 , where does this sugar come from it's not from food , does your body create it's own sugar or is sugar stored somewhere in your body and released some how?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My father has diabetes and doctors say to him that sugar is like ocean level it might increase or decrease, but the number you have mentioned 300 is pretty high, i would say should consult a doctor for better diagnosis.

• Edited

If you’re not eating due to an acute illness, it’s also common for your blood sugars to rise. But still, to be doubly sure, I would recommend you to consult your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.