Does this sound like ovarian cyst(s) symptoms?

Posted , 1 user is following.

About 2 years ago I went to the ER where it was suspected I had a kidney stone. I was so worried going to the ER and was anxious the scan was going to pick up something in my stomach/pancreas region because I was having upper left quadrant pain that I also felt in my back. CT scan was unremarkable expect for a small ovarian cyst found on my left ovary. In hindsight this made sense because I had been feeling aching pain in my left lower abdomen, back and legs on and off but was more focused on my upper pains. This all resolved after a while and I've been symptom free since.

I've been on birth control for the last 2 years and have felt great in my lady areas haha. However, in the middle of my current pill pack, I started having mild period-like cramps, left sided "ovary" pain that came and went, and discomfort during sex (bled after because I was drier than usual - now believe this was breakthrough bleeding). Any way I'm getting carried away. I felt fine in the few days that followed this but in the last couple days it's come back - the aches in my lower back, thighs, left side, even some pressure in my anus). Does this sound like a new ovarian cyst? I've had these symptoms in past, just extra worried now. I wanted to wait until my placebo pills to see if this just goes away, if it doesn't, I'll make an appt. with my gyno. Just wanted to drop this post here to seek advice/reassurance.

Thanks! 😃

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.