Don't know what to do with my face, can't even look at it

Posted , 2 users are following.

For quite some time, I've been having an issue with my sinuses; mucus constantly runs down the sides of my throat. Later, I experienced a blocked nose and swollen temples. Recently, I've been feeling sharp objects under the skin, intensifying every day. For about two months, I've had an almost constant open wound, from which something resembling connected stones is gradually emerging, linked by some kind of string or filament. Since yesterday, a new wound has appeared, evidently connecting to the old one. Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

imageI'll add that in the area around my chin (on the sides and below), there are visually similar infiltrations resembling pigmentation from a wound, which periodically develop into a purulent, painful abscess.imageimageimage

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Agnies, what on earth are you doing on here?. Get to a doctor. Any non healing lesion should be seen by a doctor or dermatologist ASAP.

• Posted

I've been to e&a a five times this year because of the pain, swelling and infection in my face. I've been under dermatological care for two whole years, yet I keep getting the same antibiotics ( tropical) which "this time might help". But skin just getting worse. They diagnosed me with Acne excorie, which I don't agree. I can count on one hand the number of days where my face has been free from open wounds in the past three years. It's frustrating, to say the least.

I've been to e&a a whopping five

• Edited

Agnies have you ever had these lesions swabbed for Staph or even MRSA? A. Excoria is usually caused by constant picking and rubbing the initial breakout of spots . Only you will know if you are constantly picking.

• Posted

i had blood test done.

i requested histopathological examination of my skin, which end up with referral to psychiatrist. Psychiatrist advice talking therapy, but my dermatologist insists another review.

I guess based on his experience, Dermatology Registrar diagnosed Acne excorie with his bare eye. i was 5 times in E&A this year, because of pain and swelling of my face- but because of diagnosis visible in my medical records, no one actually looked at my skin.

I asked GP to be referred for second opinion, which he did, but in referral there is nothing mentioned about my skin problem, but there is perfectly described my depression and "delusional" photographs and videos ( i am worried that i might have parasite's ), so i am guessing that ill not be prioritised and if ill finally have appointment - opinion will be created already.

so i though ill ask online for help.!

Since this morning, a new one has appeared under my chin... I believe this is so traumatic for me (because my skin was free of breaks, bruises, or marks) so I don't consider it to be true.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.