Doxycycline-weird issues

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I took doxycycline for four days for a sinus infection. I had dizziness and anxiety-been off of it for three days. Now insomnia. Is this possible??! From the meds?! 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes. It’s been over a year for me. You need to take probiotics and magnesium.  Zinc too. Do not let a dr put you on anything for th anxiety. Just eat healthy and do what I said above. 
    • Posted

Hi Michelle, I was on and off doxycycline for about two years.. started them in 2015 and took my last one at the start of 2017. My symptoms are endless STILL. It’s been horrible, i’m aware now it’s got to do with the gut microbial and my GI tract (thought i was going crazy for a good year until i figured out it was the doxy). Is this all you did and do you feel 100% now? Have no trust in doctors as they are the ones who let me take this for 2 years and don’t know what to do anymore.
    • Posted

Got a flu like sickness last year in march, gone done hill ever since then

- fatigued all the time

- constant mucus in throat

- can’t sleep although i’m so tired

- Heightened anxiety for no reason

- Depression out of no where also for no reason which was very odd for me

- white tongue

I started probiotics a few days ago and am taking magnesium so i’ll see how i go. 

• Posted

Is the depression and anxiety all the time?

I have white tongue too. 

And a rash. 

• Posted

Yes it is, wouldn’t wish it upon my worst enemy. I also have a rash that appears around my nose and mouth from time to time. 
  • Posted

Yes the same thing happened to me, I was on cotalopram 20mg for 3 years for depression but managing fine until recently I had a throat infection and the doctor put me on antibiotics and I started having panic attacks and really bad anxiety and even depression symptoms back again. The doctor had to up my citalopram to 40mg and prescribed me propanalol and diazepam to try and manage the anxiety. I definitely won’t be taking antibiotics again in a hurry unless it’s life threatening.
    • Posted

Really?’ I’m on lexapro already. It’s so crazy!! I hardly took it. I’m hoping it’s outta my system now. Has it gotten better? I was super anxious yesterday and then couldn’t sleep. Hoping it’s better. How are you now? 
    • Posted

It has improved but no I’m not myself again. I don’t want to scare you. But it’s important for you to do everything you can to fix your gut. Doxycycline is a broad spectrum antibiotic. It wipes out good and bad bacteria. 
    • Posted

I was only on it for less than a week, hoping it gets outta my system or is out of my system. I do take a probiotic. What issues ru having 
  • Posted

I only took it for 2 days. My head started tingling and then I started getting a depressed feeling. Then I couldn’t sleep or eat. 

I made a mistake because I didn’t know any better and got on Ativan. I took that for 2 weeks and the sleep got better. Then things got worse from Ativan. 

I’m still feeling with anxiety and have been in touch with other people who has had this happen after taking an antibiotic. The only thing I can think of is how it depletes nutrients and good bacteria. 

Keep me posted. Please do not add any other medication to this. 

• Posted

Yah I have total depressed feeling and sleep issues. I have some other things going on though so I don’t really know what the issues could be from. My mood def took a turn though after starting the med. 

So crazy this can happen!! I take all the vitamins and probiotics. 

• Posted

Yes possible... But it will be alright... after the course...completes..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.