Drop in resting heart rate

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi has anyone else had a drop in their resting heart rate starting fluoxetine ? Im on day 9 and my resting rate has dropped by 10 beats a minute. It would always hit 100 at least during the day moving about. But not today so is a bit unsettling. It is now dropping to lowest 49 overnight. I think its nothing to worry about but would be good to know any experiences similar or whether i should contact doc. Sorry Im a worrier and i see most people talk about increase in heart rates. Its going down more each day it seems. Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Your anxiety scanning your body and trying to find something to worry about- today is your heart rate, tomorrow is something else - why you hot, why you sweat, why hands shake and etc. Thats what anxiety does. If you would be yourself anxious free would you check your pulse ? No you would not.

All you feel now is normal, anxiety will try to trick you to worry about everything, but when meds start to work and anxiety lessens all those thoughts and feelings will go away.

You are ok, you are recovering and it not liner, but you will get there

• Edited

Hello, I hope you're doing okay 😃. I just want to clarify I am not medically trained and if you are worried then you should definitely see your Dr. But this is my understanding/opinion: 100 is on the upper end of what your resting heart rate should be. So if you are reaching 100 when you are doing minimal activity/sitting down, then this likely is actually a result of anxiety causing you to have a slightly elevated resting heart rate.

A normal resting heart rate during sleep can be between 40 - 50 bpm, so I don't think it's anything to worry about at all, if anything it's showing completely normal rates!

As Nataliya said, it's really common with anxiety to try and find something to worry about. Even if that thing has always been the case. Be kind to yourself and try to fill your days that make you feel secure and happy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.