Earache

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello again ladies, im here again and annoyed with this problem. Had problems for a while with this wretched earache on and off for ages and buzzing sometimes. Went to hospital late at night last week as it was driving me mad, had it checked and there was an infection which I had drops for and they said there was nothing else nasty going on , nurse did say ear problems are very common in meno but it's horrible. Apparantly the infection has not gone further than the eardrum and I think the actual infection is better, but the ringing and buzzing is still there, worse sometimes than others but I just want reassurance if any other ladies have had similar, health anxiety making me think bad things as usual and it upsets me. Thanks everyone x

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I believe I have sinus problems, but haven't seen an ENT to get diagnosed. I do, however, suffer from the tinnitus, constant electric like buzzing, whooshing sound, in my right ear. Was told by my gp that there is nothing to be done about it. Have heard on these forums that it can go away on its own, and it is one of the symptoms of menopause.Β 
    • Posted

Thanks Debbie, poor you that's awful and like you say seems one of these nasty symptoms along with all the others, right there with you on this 😰
  • Posted

Lou sounds like Tinnitus ,go check out sounds on You tube see if same noise ,I've got it 10 yrs. Drives me nuts ,I've got hissing .Β 
    • Posted

Thank you yes I will, how horrible for you and yes it drives you crazy, can I ask if this just came on with meno ? πŸ˜‰
    • Posted

Lou just up on pad. I began meno at 48 ,yes it started off as you describe ,not much of an issue tolerated it lets say ,then I got an illness Β it then took off like a rocket ,more ear problems ,blocked ears ,sore ears inside . The hissing never just stayed changing high and low ,but both started to give me really bad heads . Whatever you do ,Dont get them syringed ,many regret having that done ,whilst having onset to tinnitus . Join a tinnitus site ,read what s said . Menopause and tinnitus go hand in hand for some . Get a ENT to check you out . Mine today is low ,it goes inwards . Hence bad head day . My daughters early Peri she gets odd tinnitus day ,has done now for I think couple yrs . 45yrs old . That's why I say tinnitus yours .Β 
    • Posted

Thank you Marlene, yes I will join. How awful for you and your daughter, it does seem very common at this time . I would never get my ears syringed again, I had them done years ago it was awful x
  • Posted

Hi lou,

Yes I had the same a few times. Infected twice earache is horrible.

Antibiotics sorted it out.

• Posted

Thank you yes antibiotics do seem to work but had to go to A and E to get them as seen GP before about this and he just told me to use olive oil which is hopeless for infection πŸ˜₯
  • Posted

I'm sorry that you are dealing with this. As to I have none stop ringing in my ears and a ear aches off and on. Sinus headaches. Oh never stops. I hope you find some relief as to all of is women.
    • Posted

So sorry for you to have to deal with this aswell, it's a nasty thing and throws you off balance aswell, sinus headaches are awful I get them too with pains all in my nose and cheeks - always something and seems like we're all in this together πŸ˜‰
  • Posted

Yes focus on something else train your mind to think of other things and it will go away
    • Posted

Yes that's right I guess it's trying to find a distraction πŸ˜‰
  • Posted

Dear Lou,

Ear problems are definitely a peri/meno thing, I recently had to get drops for a painful ear and so did my friend who is also in meno but her ear problems are abit more on going with blocked/wooshing ear as she described it x

• Posted

Thank you, seems pretty common then doesn't it - one of those ongoing things we have to deal with x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.