Easing chronic esophageal spasm discomfort.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Greetings;

I've been an enigma to my medical team for going on THREE YEARS!

I deny rumors that i was the reason my GP of 30+years retired.

I am dealing with a variety of 'issues'.

I had an esophageal stricture fixed a few months ago, and i can now pass food, and a LOT OF outgoing air, but i still cannot eat.

I am having extreme problems with what seems to be 'esophageal spasms'. The NERVES of the eso just go nutso firing.

It feels like my heart and lungs want to EXPLODE from the best that I can describe is pressure. I want to split my head open, (or lop it off) and use a rib spreader on my chest. It just ACHES like 'Alien' is about to burst out.

I've seen where peppermint oil tops the lists of things for temporary relief. (There is no known CURE, Yet another 'ZOOM' with the gastro-gut coming up.

I am in the AZ medical MJ program, and specifically request an Indica blend that will relax smooth muscle.

Of course i researched some and have found that 'vaping' Chamomile/ginger tea was quite relaxing. I got the ahh without all the rigamarole of boiling, steeping, and sipping between being too hot and too cold. I get a WHOLE POT OF TEA in five to ten minutes, without waiting for digestion. And no bag to deal with.

I CAN do the same with peppermint tea. I tested it. Vaping P-mint tea was kind of like a 'smokeless' menthol cigarette!

HOWEVER... Is it a CHEMICAL compound is the peppermint oil, entering the system, and telling the nerves to chill, or is it a PHYSICAL reaction to the oil itself that does not dissolve in the water of the tea passing over the axons. that soothe. Sort of an 'internal/external use question i guess. 'They' also suggest peppermint lozenges. But I've never really cared for p-mints. I used to suck on spearmint Certs a lot.PPmint was too hot. I think that may have been what ate a lot of my teeth.

I doubt there is any RISK. I am more curious about it being EFFECTIVE to deliver FAST RELIEF. That my mouth and throat feel a 'coolness', doesn't mean that the NERVES are calming down.

Ice WATER cools ONE way. An ice PACK also cools. But in an ENTIRELY different manner.

In the media and entertainment, ice packs are always provided immediately to cool the body, but the NEVER offer or impose cool or cold water!

I've been 'Cold Turkey' from 90mg of Duloxetine (generic Cymbalta) or a month. New meds came in the mail today. So i will ease back into what my script had been. Also taking gaba.

I have had TWO SEVERE episodes of spasms. The first almost sent me to an OR, but i spent an hour on the phone with an ER nurse, and the 'fever', (not temperature, but 'a state of nervous excitement or agitation' abated. This last one just had me pacing floors until Gaba, omeprazole, acetaminophen, and indica took effect. I believe BOTH incidents followed days in which i actually attempted eating. And all i can think if eating in the last week has been some eggs. Two fried the first night, three poached the second time.

I lot to process, but any thoughts would be appreciated.

FYI - Duloxetine arrived last night via USPS on schedule with NEW program at OptumRX Home Delivery.

GR8FUL!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.