Ectopic beats and sleeping

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, im a 43 year old male and ive been suffering with alot of optopics for 4 months now. I would get one or 2 a day for a couple of years but actually just thought it was indigestion as i always fealt i needed to burp when i fealt it. Anyway 4 months ago i started noticing more and more and it was clear it was not indigestion. A few trips to A&E and seeing doctors later im still non the wiser. I get then all day and night but the night time ones are ruining me! Just as i start to drift off i get this horrendous thud and pause which startles me awake. This goes on for hours until i finally go to sleep. Sometimes i wake up in a panic when i must feel them in my sleep as well.

Has anyone else experienced this? To be honest these eptopics are ruining my life, im not getting very far with my doctor who just keeps saying its probably anxiety and being over weight!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.