Epi scleritis - Management and control

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All

Been a while I stop updating my epi scleritis condition. I am on remission since my last episode in May 2018.

I am living with epi since 2013 with no underlying diseases. I noticed my epi recur on the same left eye early this month. Is distressing! This time I use pred forte 4 x a day, timolo maleate twice daily and arcoxia 90 mg twice daily. Apart from this, I am on supplements too. I take nuvapine A 320 mg , grapeseed 15000 twice daily, ocumin ared eye vitamins, epo with fish oil and red yeast with CQ10. On the third day I can see the redness reduce significantly. In my last bout, arcoxia 90 mg does not help. I had to be on oral streoid therapy. Possibly because of the supplements I take, arcoxia does help this time. If can take turmeric as well. Turmeric calm inflammation. I am sharing this hopefully those who are in same condition can give it a try. As we know, epi has no cure, no prevention and no known cause. Most ophtalmologists would prescribe oral steroid when all drugs fail. Steroid is a powerful drug and it control your symtoms and do not heal. Healing is left to your body's capacities. Go natural with the right supplement and dose, it helps.

I hope someone who battle epi tirelessly would find this sharing a relieve. All the best.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.