Episclerities lasting for almost 3 months now

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been having this condition for the last 3 months now and have been put on prednisone starting with 30mg and slowly reducing it to 2.5 mg by the end of the month. However, everytime this seems to relapse and had to repeat this for almost 3 months now. No underlying causes detected and now I am more worried about the side effects the steriods is causing me. Is it normal for this condition to last for these many days/months. I have had this condition earlier but haven't lasted this long

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I've had it for 15 years. Steroid drops every day. It has caused 3 glaucoma surgeries but does control my inflammation

• Posted

Thanks Maria for sharing your experience. You have been really brave to be through this but happy to know that your inflammation is under control.

My doc is not comfortable giving me Steroid drops as she says it will thinner my sclera and cause long term issues with the eyes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.