episodes of whole body sweating

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I am a 25 year old. I would say that I do generally sweat a lot more than the average person, such as when I exercise. I've been having episodes for the past few years however where I will start profusely sweating throughout my whole body when I am in random social situations. I will be standing somewhere and all of a sudden its like a nerve gets triggered or something and causes the sweating. It is really embarrassing. It will usually only last 5 minutes or so and then it will evaporate and it won't happen again for a while or at least that day. It could be anxiety related but still I wouldn't think that anxiety could cause the amount that I sweat when this happens. Sweat will literally start dripping from my face and neck and I can feel sweat running down my stomach and back. It is crazy. Does this sound like hyperhydrosis or something else? Any advice?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You are not alone. Excessive sweating or hyperhidrosis due to social anxiety is a common occurrence. In fact, it is estimated that nearly 32% of people go through this situation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.