Esophagus spasm and allergies

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have GERD for many years and almost regularly, I am on and off PPI's. Have good and bad days. I remember having rare chest and throat spasm, never worried about them, "globus" sensation is nothing new for me, and often I link it to the stress.

Last year I started having bad stomach/chest/throat cramps in few minute waves that lasted somewhere from 3 to 6 hours and radiated to my back and even my face. Rushed to my GP and he said Panic Attacks. My idea was that it is somehow linked to what I eat, nuts in particular. I remembered eating something with almonds those days - cake, ice cream, candies. I have spring allergies and this oral allergy syndrome, that gives reaction to the tree nuts, cherries, apples carrots and some other (But usually it resulted in the itchy mouth and sore throat). I started having cramp episodes almost every week. Then spring began and I began taking over the counter cetirizine based allergy drugs. I was taking them almost for a half of year and had no single esophagus cramps episode during that time!! Summer ended and I stopped taking them and guess what? 6 hours of this well familiar chest pain on a second night!

In the morning I rushed to the pharmacy, bought same allergy drug and menthol candies and after an hour I am almost OK. Only this hangout feeling and tiredness. Anyone having experience with allegies linked to the Esophageal spasms? (Eosinophilic esophagitis tested negative by several biopsies taken during endoscopy this year. They found small erosion or ulcer in the lower part of esophagus)

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.