Exhaustion

Posted , 2 users are following.

I posted a while back. I've been on Prozac for three months now. I think I'm doing ok. My mood has lifted quite a bit but .....

I cannot wake up in the mornings. I sleep 11 hrs straight and still struggle to open my eyes in the morning. I switched taking my tablet from night Tim to morning. I think it's helping a bit. But I still wake up feeling like I've had hardly any sleep. Is this normal ? Should I be feeling this drowsy in the morning ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim58492

I have been taking Prozac 20mg for 9 weeks. The last few weeks I am struggling to wake up also. I feel like I can barely open my eyes. Once I am up I am fine but I am so sleepy in the mornings and my dreams are so vivid. sometimes i cannot tell the difference between reality and my dreams. i feel like this is normal. I am less sleepy in the afternoons now then i used to be. What other side effects do you get? I get GI stuff like loose bowels, restless legs especially at night, which doesnt bother me too much. I dont get the awful anxiety and chest pain I used to.

hope you are doing ok?

• Posted

hi

im thinking of coming off them, ive been on them almost 5 months now.

my dreams are vivid too. I wake up and my mind is jumping all over the place my thoughts are jumbled up. Once im up im ok too, but i cannot even open my eyes until 11am if im not working and if i am working i have to literally force myself to get up. It hasnt eased my anxiety much but i dont et angry i dont seem to have much emotion.

But i cant deal with the drowsiness in the mornings. Im going to do another post to see if others find same problems.

• Posted

Hi Kim

Its pretty tough. 5 months is a good go. Ive only been on 20mg for 9 weeks. Maybe try and talk to your GP as it is not good to sleep until 11am. I wake up at 6am most days but i try and sleep in one or two days a week. I understand how your emotions get affected. I still cry and feel but on a lesser degree. My partner and I are going through tough times,

yes ive cried but because of the fluox i am managing it. Plus i have a full on new role at work.

I wish you all the best and hope you can get through this time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.