Eyrthema annular e centrifuges

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone else had this diagnosis pls?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi karen42. My 2 year old was diagnosed with erythema annulare today. He has had growing lesions on his legs for the past few days. Today it has started to spread to one of his arms. He has no other symptoms, and the doctor said its most likely unknown causes. They also told me it could last for months to years. Do you still have this condition? I'm also wondering if it is painful or itchy. My little one doesn't seem to be bothered.
  • Posted

My grandson is struggled with this for almost 3 years. It actually started as ringworm. The ringworm gradually morphed into EAC. Once that happened, things got worse quickly. It was so noticeable and so horrible, and everyone stared at him. It broke my heart. We had a group of wonderful dermatologist working with us who did lots of research and they decided to try a drug called turbinafine. We had used every topical in existence. With no luck. And then these turbinafine pills cleared it up within about two weeks. It has been just amazing! There was apparently steal some fungus in his system from the ringworm, in the EAC was feeding off of that. From what I understand, the turbinafine kills the fungus which illuminates food for the EAC. Hope this helps you.
    • Posted

Ha! I dictated my reply. Please excuse the errors.
  • Posted

My grandson is struggled with this for almost 3 years. It actually started as ringworm. The ringworm gradually morphed into EAC. Once that happened, things got worse quickly. It was so noticeable and so horrible, and everyone stared at him. It broke my heart. We had a group of wonderful dermatologist working with us who did lots of research and they decided to try a drug called turbinafine. We had used every topical in existence. With no luck. And then these turbinafine pills cleared it up within about two weeks. It has been just amazing! There was apparently steal some fungus in his system from the ringworm, in the EAC was feeding off of that. From what I understand, the turbinafine kills the fungus which illuminates food for the EAC. Hope this helps you.system from the ringworm, in the EAC was feeding off of that. From what I understand, the turbinafine kills the fungus which illuminates food for the EAC. Hope this helps you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.