Feel Trapped

Posted , 2 users are following.

I work a nice job with good insurance considering its flipping burgers, but ive felt increasingly trapped recently due to my dependancy on the insurance because of my type one diabetes. They rely on me a lot where i work and I have a lot of pressure on me every day to perform well and clean up after others. I just had a really bad day and brought it home to my fiancee and long story short i need to leave but am scared of being able to afford my appointment and insulin payments without insurance. ive dealt with depression and anxiety for about 5 years now and i stopped taking medicine a long time ago. recently its been back in full force and i find it hard to function and perform the way everyone at my job and my home expect me to and it seems like im stuck between a rock and a hard place and am having a very hard time figuring out what to do. I dont have family to rely on, dad is gone and mom is a mess, and the rest of my family lives across the country. I keep feeling a dread every day i wake up and sometimes i wish my diabetes would just put me in a coma so i wouldnt have to worry about it anymore. every day is the same anxious and angry cycle and i hate myself when i bring it home. help

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Its gonna be okay man. Just take a break and relax, slow your thoughts. Everything will work out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.