Feeling horrendous

Posted , 5 users are following.

aking 2mg of diazepam 3x daily in the meantime, and they are not helping my anxiety at all......help!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i know how you feel... i got down to 3 x 2mg per day and it was so bad i went back to gp who put me back upto 5 x 2mg per day.... i stayed on that a while and am trying 4 x 2mh per day atm... best ask gp to put you up a little or ride through it... mine was so bad had to go back up to do every day things and go to work

• Posted

Luke, this is awful sad
    • Posted

i think coming off these is going to be the hardest thing i will have to do in my life...
  • Posted

My GP told me he has patients who are on this tablet and have been for many years, if you feel you cant do without the higher dose just now then stay on it, its the only thing keeping me alive just now x
    • Posted

Sensible advice from Doc. Hang in there Gina. You'll make it.
    • Posted

yes my gp put me on these nearly 10 years ago... i was stsrted on over 100mg per day... tappered fast after 6 months till i was down to 30 mg per day, then next thing over a few years i dropped down to 20 mg and then my gp retired and my new gp tappered me faster down to 6 mg per day and thats when i couldnt function properly and gp agreed to put me back upto 10mg a day and i am now back down to 8mg a day... i would of never taken the 1st tablet prescribed if i was told it would be this hard to get off sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.