Feeling of something stocked in the throat after endoscopy

Posted , 16 users are following.

hi guys, so after 3 days of doing an endoscopy i havent been able to digest properly, many gases are there and also the feeling of food or something been stocked is it normal?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

how are you feeling today?

Ive done a couple of gastroscopies and some of the times symptoms worsen the days succeding the procedure.

• Posted

unfortunately i am still feeling like that, like there is something stuck on my throat 😦 thanks for asking thou!

• Posted

its from acid reflux

get the book The Acid Watcher Diet by Dr Jonathan Aviv, and follow it

it helped me so much

i live in NY n i went to see him

hes amazing

he has a cookbook too

I hope this helps

• Posted

I think that be from a small ulcer caused by the gastroscopy. It can last for a week.

• Posted

thanks a lot Donna for the support, I will check it !!

• Posted

yes could be, but these ulcers cure alone? cuz is mostly on my throat the disconfort...maybe it got irritated, hope it gets over soon! bt thanks for your reply, makes me feel more relax

• Posted

read the book,,,,, that lump in your throat sensation, IS from the reflux The dr told me so

• Edited

I realize this post is a year old, but I'm having the same problem- as far as feeling like something is stuck in my throat. Also, it feels like it's swollen. On day 2 after the test my doctor called me in some Levsin for spasms. It doesn't feel like I'm having throat spasms, but I thought I'd give it a try. It hasn't helped. It's a bit alarming-especially when I cough and it fells like my throat closes up. What finally helped your problem? How long did it take for the problem to go away?

• Edited

i have the same feeling of a lump in my throat, AND the back if my throat and uvula are trashed.

i was told to gargle with salt water, but it doesn't help much and certainly does nothing for the lump.

im a singer and this is horribly frightening.

• Posted

I know exactly what you mean. I had an endoscopy done 2 days ago. my throat didn't really hurt. but now I feel like I have a lump in my throat right at the back of my tongue and lower if that makes sense. it's not hard to swallow but I keep clearing my throat and feel like something is there. I'm getting a little freaked out by it (but I have anxiety very bad) ... I know what you're describing and I have been told by others who had this that is normal. I ate dinner and the spicy sauce burned so I had to stick to bland 😦

• Posted

hi there

I have exactly the same thing. had an endoscopy and was ok for a couple days after, but now I have the feeling that something is stuck in the back of my throat. had a look and I have a bump there that im not sure was there before. how are you doing now?

• Posted

Did this issue end up going away for you? i got an endoscopy 2 days ago and just started to experience this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.