Feeling of something stocked in the throat after endoscopy

Posted , 16 users are following.

hi guys, so after 3 days of doing an endoscopy i havent been able to digest properly, many gases are there and also the feeling of food or something been stocked is it normal?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had my endoscopy 4+ weeks ago, and have been plagued with a very sore throat. Eventually got to see my family doctor, after a negative covid test, and it was indicated to me that upon reading the report, that they had started with an adult scope, and after much prodding and pushing that it was to large to fit down my esophagus, so changed to a paediatric scope. There is considerable trauma to my throat because of this, above my vocal cords that will just take time to heal. Am not happy, as I am a singer, but although I am still able to sing, am not pushing it too hard right now.

I still am having trouble swallowing as this was the reason for the endoscope in the first place.

Rant now over.

• Posted

Seems the diagnosis is a pass and the doctors should of informed you about the issues. They should of found problems. The procedure shows problems, it doesnt cause them, very often.

• Posted

I just had an EGD and had my throat dilated during the same procedure. I had the worst throat pain for about 48 hours and then the pain subsided a great deal and I thought I was able to eat regular solid food but as of day three and day four, I am starting to feel as if there is something in the back of my throat like a lump or something and it started after I thought my throat was getting better but now I feel like I have to go back to drinking broth and eating jello and soft foods.

• Posted

i know this post is a couple years old, but i've had a similar experience. i had an emergency endoscopy about three weeks ago, and initially my throat was very sore. The next day, it hurt less but i was having some gagging/coughing fits. Eventually that all got better and the pain was totally gone. i feel mostly fully healed. However there is a feeling like a lump in my throat. Sometimes its less noticeable and other times its like a pressure. I would be interested to know if this will simply pass and about how long it took for everyone

• Posted

Hi, i had an upper endoscopy done for upper tummy pain, they found 3 ulcers, day after the endoscopy i started felling a tight throat and 10 months later im left with a felling of something stuck in my throat, i never had this feeling before i had the endoscopy only 1 day later... anyone had this also??

• Posted

i just had an upper endoscopy 3 days ago with the bravo probe being left in my esophagus for ph monitoring and i too am starting to feel the sensation that there is a lump in the back of my throat. my endoscopy was said to be normal right off the bat but i dont have the results from the bravo probe yet and i dont think it has detached yet. im assuming this lump sensation is a common thing since so many people online have experienced it after procedure. to be sure i reached out to my doc who said it was '100% not normal' but couldnt advise me as to whether or not i should get checked out. said he didnt know what to tell me. its just odd because day 1 i did have lots of soreness, my teeth hurt and i had pain when eating after swallowing. then the last 2 days everything felt back to normal now today over 72 hours later it is sore to swallow and feels like theres a lump.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.