Skip to content

Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy

New discussion Join group Also known as Endoscopy, Gastroscopy

All discussions in this group

Next
  • rabiya27671 2

is it stomach cancer??

so this has with me since and time it became worse that i could not eat anything and i was throwing up 20 times a all my bloodwork done everything came back fine and now i am on rebeprazole since a vomitings have

19 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • louisa28113 2

Worried about endoscopy biopsy results!!

I am a 37 year old female. At the beginning of November 2015 I started with nausea and occasional vomitting. I was eventually referred to a Gastroenterologist. About 2 weeks ago I underwent an endoscopy. Immediately following the procedure I was informed I had a hiatus hernia and was given

19 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • shak2340 2

gastroscopy done no sedation...no big deal!!!

Today I had my will start from the beginning, my appointment was 13:20pm but I called up around 10:30am to see if ther was any chance of them seeing me receptionist told me to come in around 11:15am and they will squeeze me in.I ended up getting seen at 12:15,anyway

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • littlestpanda 2

Upper endoscopy NO sedation: good experience! Some tips

I just thought I'd post my experience with my upper endoscopy/gastroscopy today, as I'd been putting it off for ages due to the awful stories I read online. I think people are more inclined to post their experience if it's an unsually traumatic one, so I'd like to add another good story to balance

45 replies 9 votes Last reply
  • brit01 1

Endoscope/Esophagus

Is it safe to have an Upper GI done if you have bone spurs pushing onto your esophagus resulting in narrowing? Barium swallow found 20% narrowing with bone spurs, so I am due for a spinal surgery soon. Wanted to have an Upper GI prior though and was wondering if it was safe with this.

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • grapes1800 3

Endoscope/Colonoscopy

Has anyone had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done at the same time? I've never had a endoscopy done in my life and I am 59, am getting yearly colonscopies done due to reoccuring polyps. I know if I were to ask my gasternologist he would probably say to have them done seperately since having them done

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • branden12 2

Upper GI

I've never had an endoscope done although I am in my late 50s. I have a case of conspitation and bloating after I eat but I just figure that's from acid reflux so I never bothered to get one done. I also have a history of colon polyps but that's about it. Is an Upper GI something that should be done?...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ryan31599 2

Upper Endoscopy Without Sedation

Hi all, Just wanted to share my experience of having an endoscopy without sedation yesterday (I'm from the US where sedation is highly pushed on you).  Hopefully, this will allow others to not be afraid! I am a 26 year old male who lives in California.  Relatively healthy, though I'm a bit

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • amber62467 1
  • penny44470 1

Pain after endoscopy? Chest pain, discomfort swallowing

I had EGD yesterday with sedation. Felt pretty much fine yesterday, minus a little chest discomfort when breathing in deep. Today I've had no appetite and have discomfort swallowing, and a persistent discomfort in my chest. Waiting for call back from doctor. In meantime, reading about perforation

• popple71042 2

Endoscopy tomorrow, possible LPR with ulcer

Hi everyone, So I've been lurking here for a while reading things and I figured I'd get my story here and see if anyone can help me or benefit from it. I'm currently 28. It all started about 2 years ago. I was very stressed and one day I felt a huge egg like shape in the center of my chest (not

• SJK16 2

Endoscopy without sedation!!

Hello everyone So today I had my upper endoscopy to have a look at my stomach. I chose to go without sedation as I wanted to leave straight after! I have to say, it was the worse thing ever! I'm not trying to put anyone off but I didn't take it well, the tube went past my gag reflex but I still

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tony97593 2

Upper Gi - not sure what to believe

I had the upper Gi last Week, Prior to that, I was convinced I had cancer of the gullett-- food getting stuck, low iron levels, etc. The report given to me states Site A Grade A Oesophagitis with mucosal breaks - 5mm Hiatus hernia – sliding. Site B Gastritis – mild erythematous / exudative –

• lindsay36347 2

Upper endoscopy show inflammation

My husband had been I'll some time! Blood work Done (slight jaundice) stool urine samples clear! He had upper endoscopy done yesterday which showed inflammation Of stomach! The consultants are now going to check for gall stones, Crohn's disease and celiac! His symptoms are constant I mean everyday

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • elliejaneb01 2

Advice on endoscopy procedure ?

I'm 15 years old and I'm having an endoscopy in 19 days to check for abnormalities. I have recently been diagnosed with coeliac disease and am having the endoscopy to ensue that it's just coeliac disease. I have a few small questions about the endoscopy, they might sound a bit weird, How long does

11 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Marie6789 2

Pain week after upper endoscopy..

I had a upper endoscopy 1 week ago today.  Dr said I definetly have reflux but that everything else looked fine and that he took some tissue samples, which is normal procedure.  Anyway I felt fine that day and the next day. On Wednesday  I had a cup of coffee and the pain in between my breastbone

• Pumpkin1510 2

Repeat endoscopy 6-8 weeks for oesophageal ulcer.

Hi everyone So finally got my endoscopy and it turned out to be uncomfortable . I didn't think I would have such a gag response which didn't stop when the tube went past the vocal chords etc however I thinking the breathing advice given by the nurse was good if you can control it. Anyway I made it

• Pumpkin1510 2

Biopsy results timescale

Hi everyone I had an upper endoscopy on 3/3/17, so a couple of weeks ago and I was diagnosed with a short hiatus hernia and a tiny ulcer on oesophagus near to stomach. Biopsies were taken and I am awaiting the results. How long do these take normally? Thanks

• satish49143 1

Gastroscopy complication

Patient with dysphagia , post endoscopy patient has neck pain and neck subcutaneus emhysema .also abdominal pain . How to manage now

• SG34637 2

Resultss

Anyone knows what this means?!\ Final Diagnosis   A. Small Bowel, biopsy: DUODENAL MUCOSA WITHOUT SIGNIFICANT DIAGNOSTIC ABNORMALITY NO VILLOUS DISTORTION OR INTRAEPITHELIAL LYMPHOCYTOSIS SEEN B. Stomach, antrum/body biopsy: ANTRAL AND CORPUS TYPE GASTRIC MUCOSA WITH MILD CHRONIC INFLAMMATION AN

• ys9639 1

Endoscopy

Last month I went through endoscopy and my h pylori test was negative. But my gas problem was steel there and sometime I got black stool and mucus in stool. And I have fast heartbeat when I wake up or even when I am not doing anything. And I have loos weight around 3kg in last one month. What can

• SG34637 2

Mild Sloughing of the Esophagus Lining

Anyone ever had "Mild Sloughing of the Esophagus Lining come as a result of an upper endoscopy? There isn't much info online about it so hoping someone here has more info on the results..

• Ireland17 1

Transnasel Endoscopy in the U.K or Ireland

Hi Would anyone know a Hospital or private practice that can do a Transnasal Gastroscopy or a Transnasel Endoscopy in the U.K or Ireland and take direct payment or will take Irish Laya Health Insurance Regards Paul

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Ireland17 1
  • shauna75989 2
  • SG34637 2

Capsule endoscopy - Anyone had one?

Hi All - I had an endsocpy and colonoscopy for nausea, upper left quadrant pain, left flank pain, and quick moving loose stools with severe cramping. They both seem to be normal (haven't gottent he biopsy results yet to confirm) but my GI suggested getting a capsule endscopy. Has anyone had it?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • SG34637 2
  • mary39252 2

endoscopy not what I expected

I wanted to reply to an earlier post on the experience of uppergastro endoscopy but couldn't.  I hate to add to the negative experiences but I was really shocked by what a barbaric procedure this is. Doc and nurse where I had the procedure were very kind and empathetic. Having imagined a very thin

20 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • gemi5 2

Endoscopy went well, all looked fine so what can be wrong?

Hey everyone,  I went for a gastroscopy today which went much better than I was expecting. Just to give anyone that's worrying about it a bit reassurance. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, although I was sedated so can't remember much! My throat feels a little sore but that'

• BrwnEyes83 2

Nervous about upcoming endoscopy

Hey guys! I'm hoping to get some reassurance through this thread. I have an endoscopy scheduled for the end of this month, March 30th. I've read all the details online about what to expect as far as the procedure itself; yes, I'm still nervous about it but knowing what to expect is helping a bit. I

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • CuppaT 3

Help in explanation of Endoscopy result please

Hi everyone i would very much appreciate some help, i am 35 yr old Asian Female i recently had Endoscopy in Asia and am now back in the UK and have a copy of the result can anyone explain my recent result for a Biopsy i had of: A. Antrim antral mucosa B. Body,from Gastric body Mucosa C. Incisura

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • craig84609 5

Colonoscopy Troubles

Yesterday I went in for a colonoscopy for the 5th time, but it had been 10 years due to being out of work and some previous bad experiences with doctors that have a poor bed side manner. I have Crohn's disease or UC, but not really sure which one. I told my doctor before the test that I was in a

• Raellen 2

Is this really a symptom of Inflamed Esophagus or Acid Reflux

Hello, I started experiencing esophagus problems all of a sudden about two months ago. It started one evening right after I finished supper, I felt like I had a lump of food stuck in my esophagus, rignt between my breast. It did not hurt, just felt like a lump of food just sitting there. I drank a

• antony07561 1

Follow up appointment is this bad ?

I have been gettin stomach pains and chest pains for last year got a endoscopy yestarsay said I had very bad stomach inflimmation gave me omprazole but when I seen the yellow piece of paper it said gastritis sent for a follow up appointment in 6 weeks why do I need to go back is this bad also my

• xtremx 1

Endoscopy NO Sedation

Hello, Had my first endoscopy a few days ago (I suffer from panic disorder) and was scared stiff of having it done the night before i was due to have it done i was thinking of not going. As was going to have it with sedation but have read alot of horror stories on the internet about people gagging,...

41 replies 2 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions