Skip to content

Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy

Also known as Endoscopy, Gastroscopy

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Endoscopy for excessive nausea

Hi, I have had terrible nausea and fatigue for almost 5 months now. I have been to countless amount of doctors and none know what is wrong. One doctor said it could be mono but i never had throat issues. Anyways, I have an endoscopy in a week and I am terrified of throwing up/being nauseous during the...

Last reply
  • Upper Endoscopy Without Sedation

Hi all, Just wanted to share my experience of having an endoscopy without sedation yesterday (I'm from the US where sedation is highly pushed on you).  Hopefully, this will allow others to not be afraid! I am a 26 year old male who lives in California.  Relatively healthy, though I'm...

Last reply
  • Pain after endoscopy? Chest pain, discomfort swallowing

I had EGD yesterday with sedation. Felt pretty much fine yesterday, minus a little chest discomfort when breathing in deep. Today I've had no appetite and have discomfort swallowing, and a persistent discomfort in my chest. Waiting for call back from doctor. In meantime, reading about perforation...

Last reply
  • Endoscope/Colonoscopy

Has anyone had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done at the same time? I've never had a endoscopy done in my life and I am 59, am getting yearly colonscopies done due to reoccuring polyps. I know if I were to ask my gasternologist he would probably say to have them done seperately since having them done...

Last reply
  • endoscopy but im terrified

Hi everyone ive had acid reflux for about 5/6 years now and have been take omeprazole for this time and  my GP has refered me for a endoscopy 3 times and i have cancelled all 3 times as im to scared to go, i have really bad anxiety and have trouble going in hospitals as it is let alone going to...

Last reply
  • Unbearable throat after endoscopy

I just had an upper endoscopy (EGD) with some biopsies. When I woke up I felt fine, even after I got home about 2 hours after the procedure. However, I tried to drink a green juice my mother made me that contained (green apples, cucumbers, carrots, and parsley) and only managed to take a big gulp before...

Last reply
  • Endoscopy NO Sedation

Hello, Had my first endoscopy a few days ago (I suffer from panic disorder) and was scared stiff of having it done the night before i was due to have it done i was thinking of not going. As was going to have it with sedation but have read alot of horror stories on the internet about people gagging,...

Last reply
  • Struggling to breathe

I've been experiencing losing my voice when I talk. I'm noticing it happens a lot after I eat, or when I'm in motion. Feels like when I talk , I can't breathe, so the words don't come out. Always feels like I am trying to catch my breath. I have pain in my upper back, left and right....

Last reply
  • Shooting pains in oesophagus - what are they?

I had a gastroscopy in December 2017 and was diagnosed with a hiatus hernia and scarring on the lower oesophagus due to severe heartburn and reflux. I am now taking Omeprazole which is really helping. However, I keep getting sharp stabbing pains in my lower oesophagus. It lasts for a maximum of only...

Last reply
  • Had upper gi endoscopy yesterday, a lot of chest pains now

I had an upper gi endoscopy yesterday. They took 3 biopsies and stretched my esophagus. Thy did find that I have two spots of erosion in my stomach lining. But last night and today I am having a lot of pain in my chest. A little throat pain too but the chest pain is absolutely horrible. Very nauseous...

Last reply
  • 2 Varied Experiences with Endoscopies - They were both ok

26 year old male. History of GERD. Went on Patient.info and read the horror stories on this site.  2016 - First endoscopy. Have a strong anxiety disorder. given 15 throat sprays (made me retch but no big deal). 4mg sedation. No struggles whatsoever, no recollection of the experience, no throat...

Last reply
  • Help, Endoscopy results, i'm scared

Yesterday I had an Upper Endoscopy and although the consultant talked to me, I can't really remember what he told me as i was still under sedation. This is my Gastroscopy Report: -Oesophageal biopsies taken to rule out eosinophilic oesophagitis -Fundal gastric polyp also biopsied -CLO negative I'm...

Last reply
  • Severe abdo pains

I have had severe abdo pains for about 3 years now after I got sterilized I have been admitted to hospital many times I have had every scan u can think of even 2 endoscopy but all thy do is give me enternox in the ambulance and morphine in the hospital and then I get discharged I also get sulphur burps...

Last reply
  • Stomach pain after endoscopy

Hi everyone, I had an endoscopy 6 days ago. The night of the procedure I experienced a lot of stomach discomfort. I would describe it similar to the pain you get from trapped gas. However it has persisted for 4 days then began to disappear. Then last night it came back and I have had it all day. It...

Last reply
  • Endocospy results - anyone had something similar?

Good afternoon all, First post to the forum! Fow a few years now, I’ve had occasional upper stomach pain which often occurred at night time and on several occassions, these pains were so severe that I ended up in A&E. 4th Feb I had an Endoscopy (without sedation - which I would recommend to anyone...

Last reply
  • Reflux

I suffer from hiatus hernia, result showing after endoscopy! I haven’t seen anyone on here talking about sour taste in mouth, dr told me it was gerd, I am on 20 mg of Omeprozole and peptac every day but I still have excessive horrible saliva is there anyone else with this? I am in no pain just a wee...

Last reply
  • Upper endoscopy (EGD) Has anyone else had this back pain?

Hi, I've been suffering from sudden heart burn, intense globus sensation and havn't been able to eat well without the feeling of food being stuck since early May. I was finally refered to have an Upper GI. Yesterday I had the upper EGD. Was brought into the preproom, had to put on a gown and...

Last reply
  • Upper back pain after gastroscopy

I had a gastroscopy 3 weeks ago as I have acid reflux which causes me ongoing heartburn and pain in the chest. However ever since I have had this test, which caused me to wretch terribly , I’ve had pain in between my shoulder blades which hurts when I cough or sneeze. I’m wondering if because I was wreching...

Posted
  • Is this really a symptom of Inflamed Esophagus or Acid Reflux

Hello, I started experiencing esophagus problems all of a sudden about two months ago. It started one evening right after I finished supper, I felt like I had a lump of food stuck in my esophagus, rignt between my breast. It did not hurt, just felt like a lump of food just sitting there. I drank a lot...

Last reply
  • colonoscopy

hi has anyone had a colonoscopy and had to drink some stuff 2 days before I'm very anxious about the whole thing. thank you

Last reply
  • Endoscopy

I have an appointment with the gastro doctor in a couple days because i have chronic nausea. I’m scared that i’m getting an endoscopy (which i probably am) can anyone please give me a heads up of what to expect. I’m scared i’m going to throw up while it happens. 

Last reply
  • Chronic upper back pain after endoscopy and both legs feel tingling

37 yr male, had an endoscopy on 02/23/2018. I was put to sleep under anesthesia. I was place on my left side during the procedure with oxygen. The next day, 02/23/2018 around 10pm. I started to feel a chronic back upper back pain 2-3” inches below my shoulder blades. The pain was going up to my neck...

Last reply
  • Chest terribly bruised..

Chest terribly bruised after Endoscopy. I never did get an explanation. I will be having another one in 6 mo. and am afraid now. I've been getting them every 2 years since 2002 because after the 1st one they found Barrett's. Why would my chest be so bruised?

Last reply
  • Upper Gastroscopy/Endoscopy Without Sedation

Browsing this site because I can see a Colonoscopy coming my way. Got side tracked and ended up in this section. Just wanted to say about 4 years ago I had to have an upper tract endoscopy (tube down throat) and was beside myself over it. I'm the biggest wimp going and very frightened of invasive...

Last reply
  • choking issues

I have had a dilation done 2 weeks ago and something doesn't seem right every time I eat food I feel like there's food getting stuck in my throat has anyone had this before after a dilation? I have had 16 dilations already in my life this one has been the worst. Why am I feeling like I have food...

Posted
  • 2 Years of stomach pain and no answers!

I have been suffering with chronic stomach pain for 2 years. I also have stomach acid, burping, spitting up blood, weight loss and i feel as i have something in my throat. I have seen seven doctors and i have been given every ant acid on the planet, with little change. I have just had an endoscopy and...

Last reply
  • Endoscopy Expierence

Hello everybody. I just wanted to tell you all about my experience. I had a gastroscopy on the 6th of February 2018 at 11:15am. I would just like to tell you all to begin with that I have extreme health anxiety. I am also 17 years of age. Although you may think.. young, fit and healthy girl.... My health...

Last reply
  • VERY anxious about endoscopy tomorrow

hey everyone, I have a scheduled endoscopy for tomorrow and I'm very anxious about it. that's all I can think about. I barely got any sleep last night and I don't think tonight is going to be any different. I was told I was going to be sedated but I've never undergone through any medical...

Last reply
  • barium swallow

hi i have now been booked in for a barium swallow just wondering if anyone has had this done

Last reply
  • Still have stomach pain three months after endoscopy

I had an upper endoscopy with biopsies three weeks ago and have had consistent, moderate, sharp (as in localized not diffuse) stomach pain at the top of my stomach every day since then (biopsy showed barret's or something similar). my doctor said not to worry and prescribed carafate which i started...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.