Skip to content
Ad

Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy

Also known as Endoscopy, Gastroscopy

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Endoscopy fear

I am scheduled for endo in a couple days and I’m scared. Not just for procedure and anesthesia but possible results. I had one 7 yrs ago and doc found Barrett’s. One year later new doc did not find any, just some minor inflammation. Now going back for 5 yr followup one year late.  How can I keep...

Last reply
  • Gastroscopy Findings

I've been suffering from acid reflux, gas and upper left abdominal pain for almost a year. I just had a gastroscopy today and in my report the findings state: <1cm tongue of columnar lined oesophagus but no erosive changes . Normal stomach and duodenum. Biopsies taken from squamous oesophagus...

Last reply
  • Feeling of lump in throat/tightness

I have been suffering since August having the sensation of a lump in my throat. I have had the camera down my throat. The end result? Acid reflux and the feeling never went away. Yesterday I ate a burger and since then the feeling of having food stuck in my throat has gotten a lot worse. I have been...

Last reply
  • Endoscopy

I have an appointment with the gastro doctor in a couple days because i have chronic nausea. I’m scared that i’m getting an endoscopy (which i probably am) can anyone please give me a heads up of what to expect. I’m scared i’m going to throw up while it happens. 

Last reply
  • Upper endoscopy (EGD) Has anyone else had this back pain?

Hi, I've been suffering from sudden heart burn, intense globus sensation and havn't been able to eat well without the feeling of food being stuck since early May. I was finally refered to have an Upper GI. Yesterday I had the upper EGD. Was brought into the preproom, had to put on a gown and...

Last reply
  • Upper endoscopy NO sedation: good experience! Some tips

I just thought I'd post my experience with my upper endoscopy/gastroscopy today, as I'd been putting it off for ages due to the awful stories I read online. I think people are more inclined to post their experience if it's an unsually traumatic one, so I'd like to add another good story...

Last reply
  • Upper Endoscopy Without Sedation

Hi all, Just wanted to share my experience of having an endoscopy without sedation yesterday (I'm from the US where sedation is highly pushed on you).  Hopefully, this will allow others to not be afraid! I am a 26 year old male who lives in California.  Relatively healthy, though I'm...

Last reply
  • Read and Reply Please ☺️

Hello, Wednesday I have to get a EGD done due to nasua every morning. It's my first time I am nervous and I can't stop thinking of the procedure. I pray that everything goes well and I feel better afterwards. If any one of you out here has gotten this done before please inform me on what I need...

Last reply
  • Biopsies taken at gastroscopy

Today I had my first gastroscopy. Biopsies were taken and I'd like to know if they are always taken during this procedure or only if there's an anomaly. The results I was given today were: 1) severe heartburn 2) hiatus hernia 3) the lower part of my oesophagus is very inflamed and I may require...

Last reply
  • Oral (With sedation) v Trans-nasal endoscopy

Hi everyone, I have 2 endoscopies in the last 1.5 years.  This was due to reflex issues and I was diagnosed with  a hiatus hernia, an ulcer and barrett's.  The ulcer has cleared up and my barrett's they were very happy with, however it's likely this will need monitored over...

Last reply
  • Risk of HIV by endoscopy ??

I went through endoscopy test ysday, I red online that risk of transmitting disease from person person is high e.g HIV, as device used in test is could not be fully cleaned....how much correct it is?? I am afraid ....

Last reply
  • Yoli

Hi I was diagnosed with a hiatus hernia after a gastroscopy they took 4 biopsies, when i asked my doctor for the biopsy results he said I had inflammation of the oesophagus, I have been given omeprazole cetirazine avamys nasal spray and gaviscon my symptoms are gradually improving. Suddenly out of the...

Last reply
  • Endoscopy for excessive nausea

Hi, I have had terrible nausea and fatigue for almost 5 months now. I have been to countless amount of doctors and none know what is wrong. One doctor said it could be mono but i never had throat issues. Anyways, I have an endoscopy in a week and I am terrified of throwing up/being nauseous during the...

Last reply
  • Endoscopy Experiences

Hi everyone I am due to ha an upper Endoscopy in 3 weeks time and would like some reviews on experiences to calm my nerves. I am having sedation due to being scared but reading some of the reviews about being aware and struggling against it has made me worse, can anyone who has recently had this done...

Last reply
  • Pain after endoscopy? Chest pain, discomfort swallowing

I had EGD yesterday with sedation. Felt pretty much fine yesterday, minus a little chest discomfort when breathing in deep. Today I've had no appetite and have discomfort swallowing, and a persistent discomfort in my chest. Waiting for call back from doctor. In meantime, reading about perforation...

Last reply
  • Endoscopy - my experience compared with cystoscopy

Hi folks I am an anxious person (47 yr male) and have had a flexible cystoscopy up my pride and joy last month, so I have become an expert on tubes going into parts of my body.  Snapshot: if you are an anxious person, I suggest the sedation for endoscopy. I personally found the experience significantly...

Last reply
  • Chest Pain after Endoscopy

I had and an  endoscopy  done a couple months ago  because I was getting food stuck when swallowing.   Immediately after I had a very sore throat, difficulty swallowing and which was expected  and chest discomfort.    I had a few things going on,   Including...

Last reply
  • Anxiety/Endoscopy

Hi I am someone who suffers terrible anxiety on my heart. On Friday I am having an endoscopy sedated. Will they do any tests on heart during this??? 

Last reply
  • Gastroscopy without sedation - my experience.

I went for my first gastroscopy yesterday and want to share my experience and thoughts if it helps someone else. I asked the nurse for a few statistics: what percentage of people opt for no sedation - answer, about 50%, majority men. I am female, 50, and decided that I would try it without sedation,...

Last reply
  • Awaiting endoscopy results and terrified

Hi all, would appreciate if anyone is willing to share stories of their experiences, I have been experiencing chest pain for 3 years now after falling from a tree and landing on my back (playing with my kids!) Started getting pain when swallowing around 6 months ago, Dr sent me for x-rays and to muscular...

Last reply
  • Chest pain after endoscopy?

I had an endoscopy (upper) for the first time this morning. Very uncomfortable experience (had throat spray only) but managed to get through it feeling okay. Almost 12 hours later now and I’ve had a pretty blunt pain in my chest for most of it - pretty much right in the middle of my chest. It’s not...

Last reply
  • Endoscopy

I am being booked to have an endoscopy. Very nervous about it and not sure whether I should have sedation. Advice pl.  Thanks

Last reply
  • Upper Gastroscopy/Endoscopy Without Sedation

Browsing this site because I can see a Colonoscopy coming my way. Got side tracked and ended up in this section. Just wanted to say about 4 years ago I had to have an upper tract endoscopy (tube down throat) and was beside myself over it. I'm the biggest wimp going and very frightened of invasive...

Last reply
  • Endoscopic Ultra Sound

This is an advanced form of ultra sound.  I'm having one in a couple of weeks.  Will someone who has had this procedure tell me what to expect and what all is involved.

Posted
  • Please help me

Hi Anyone else had any stomach problems I've had glandular fever 11 weeks now a few weeks in stared with pelvic,. stomach pain and rib pain , blood in poo,  colonoscopy clear. Had ct scan on pelvis and stomach now saying there's something in there, dr called tonight didn't make much...

Last reply
  • Endoscopy NO Sedation

Hello, Had my first endoscopy a few days ago (I suffer from panic disorder) and was scared stiff of having it done the night before i was due to have it done i was thinking of not going. As was going to have it with sedation but have read alot of horror stories on the internet about people gagging,...

Last reply
  • A very good endoscopy experience

I hope this post will help others who may be worried sick about having an endoscopy.  I worried for a week prior to my endoscopy of today and it was totally needless.  I am aware that each person will react differently and I can only state my experience which was with sedation. I was scared...

Last reply
  • My endoscopy experience

I went in today to have my first upper endoscopy. I was TERRIFIED. I had been losing sleep, stressing, and considered cancelling my appointment. Reading all the horror stories did not help at all. I was already informed that I would be put to sleep with propofol ( I read horror stories about the extreme...

Last reply
  • gastroscopy done no sedation...no big deal!!!

Today I had my gastroscopy...i will start from the beginning, my appointment was 13:20pm but I called up around 10:30am to see if ther was any chance of them seeing me earlier..the receptionist told me to come in around 11:15am and they will squeeze me in.I ended up getting seen at 12:15,anyway whilst...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.