Skip to content
Ad

Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy

Also known as Endoscopy, Gastroscopy

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pain after endoscopy? Chest pain, discomfort swallowing

I had EGD yesterday with sedation. Felt pretty much fine yesterday, minus a little chest discomfort when breathing in deep. Today I've had no appetite and have discomfort swallowing, and a persistent discomfort in my chest. Waiting for call back from doctor. In meantime, reading about perforation...

Last reply
  • Endoscopy - my experience compared with cystoscopy

Hi folks I am an anxious person (47 yr male) and have had a flexible cystoscopy up my pride and joy last month, so I have become an expert on tubes going into parts of my body.  Snapshot: if you are an anxious person, I suggest the sedation for endoscopy. I personally found the experience significantly...

Last reply
  • Chest Pain after Endoscopy

I had and an  endoscopy  done a couple months ago  because I was getting food stuck when swallowing.   Immediately after I had a very sore throat, difficulty swallowing and which was expected  and chest discomfort.    I had a few things going on,   Including...

Last reply
  • Anxiety/Endoscopy

Hi I am someone who suffers terrible anxiety on my heart. On Friday I am having an endoscopy sedated. Will they do any tests on heart during this??? 

Last reply
  • Gastroscopy without sedation - my experience.

I went for my first gastroscopy yesterday and want to share my experience and thoughts if it helps someone else. I asked the nurse for a few statistics: what percentage of people opt for no sedation - answer, about 50%, majority men. I am female, 50, and decided that I would try it without sedation,...

Last reply
  • Awaiting endoscopy results and terrified

Hi all, would appreciate if anyone is willing to share stories of their experiences, I have been experiencing chest pain for 3 years now after falling from a tree and landing on my back (playing with my kids!) Started getting pain when swallowing around 6 months ago, Dr sent me for x-rays and to muscular...

Last reply
  • Chest pain after endoscopy?

I had an endoscopy (upper) for the first time this morning. Very uncomfortable experience (had throat spray only) but managed to get through it feeling okay. Almost 12 hours later now and I’ve had a pretty blunt pain in my chest for most of it - pretty much right in the middle of my chest. It’s not...

Last reply
  • Upper endoscopy NO sedation: good experience! Some tips

I just thought I'd post my experience with my upper endoscopy/gastroscopy today, as I'd been putting it off for ages due to the awful stories I read online. I think people are more inclined to post their experience if it's an unsually traumatic one, so I'd like to add another good story...

Last reply
  • Endoscopy

I am being booked to have an endoscopy. Very nervous about it and not sure whether I should have sedation. Advice pl.  Thanks

Last reply
  • Upper Gastroscopy/Endoscopy Without Sedation

Browsing this site because I can see a Colonoscopy coming my way. Got side tracked and ended up in this section. Just wanted to say about 4 years ago I had to have an upper tract endoscopy (tube down throat) and was beside myself over it. I'm the biggest wimp going and very frightened of invasive...

Last reply
  • Endoscopic Ultra Sound

This is an advanced form of ultra sound.  I'm having one in a couple of weeks.  Will someone who has had this procedure tell me what to expect and what all is involved.

Posted
  • Please help me

Hi Anyone else had any stomach problems I've had glandular fever 11 weeks now a few weeks in stared with pelvic,. stomach pain and rib pain , blood in poo,  colonoscopy clear. Had ct scan on pelvis and stomach now saying there's something in there, dr called tonight didn't make much...

Last reply
  • Endoscopy NO Sedation

Hello, Had my first endoscopy a few days ago (I suffer from panic disorder) and was scared stiff of having it done the night before i was due to have it done i was thinking of not going. As was going to have it with sedation but have read alot of horror stories on the internet about people gagging,...

Last reply
  • A very good endoscopy experience

I hope this post will help others who may be worried sick about having an endoscopy.  I worried for a week prior to my endoscopy of today and it was totally needless.  I am aware that each person will react differently and I can only state my experience which was with sedation. I was scared...

Last reply
  • My endoscopy experience

I went in today to have my first upper endoscopy. I was TERRIFIED. I had been losing sleep, stressing, and considered cancelling my appointment. Reading all the horror stories did not help at all. I was already informed that I would be put to sleep with propofol ( I read horror stories about the extreme...

Last reply
  • gastroscopy done no sedation...no big deal!!!

Today I had my gastroscopy...i will start from the beginning, my appointment was 13:20pm but I called up around 10:30am to see if ther was any chance of them seeing me earlier..the receptionist told me to come in around 11:15am and they will squeeze me in.I ended up getting seen at 12:15,anyway whilst...

Last reply
  • Upset stomach and diarrhea after upper GI

I had an upper GI today and before I could even get home I developed a horrible stomach ache and diarrhea. I lost control of my bowels. I am now curled up on bed freezing. What could be wrong?...

Last reply
  • Endoscopy Experiences

Hi everyone I am due to ha an upper Endoscopy in 3 weeks time and would like some reviews on experiences to calm my nerves. I am having sedation due to being scared but reading some of the reviews about being aware and struggling against it has made me worse, can anyone who has recently had this done...

Last reply
  • I'm about to have an endoscopy on Friday. Really scared

Been having pains in stomach 2 weeks and GD gave me pantropazole. Did help but I ate something acidic and had shooting burning pain go up my chest plus a pressure that would feel like spasms on upper stomach. Been eating bland food since doctor thought I had gastritis. However went to a GP and he thinks...

Last reply
  • Stomach pain after endoscopy

Hi everyone, I had an endoscopy 6 days ago. The night of the procedure I experienced a lot of stomach discomfort. I would describe it similar to the pain you get from trapped gas. However it has persisted for 4 days then began to disappear. Then last night it came back and I have had it all day. It...

Last reply
  • I been having pain on my left side

I got my Endoscopy done yesterday, since then i been getting a crampy pain on my left side . I cant eat anything or the pain gets worse . Im in pain is this normal ?

Last reply
  • Chest discomfort

I got an upper Endoscopy procedure done yesterday and have felt fine other than the fact i had slight chest discomfort right in the middle of my chest. I noticed it after i drank something. I still am dealing with the slight discomfort and i don't know if i should be worried.

Last reply
  • Endoscopy

Had an endoscopy yesterday and was terrified but happy to say it was no where near what I had anticipated. Had sedation and although I still felt quite with it was bearable and can't believe I was so scared- would not worry if I had to do it again.

Last reply
  • Upper GI Endoscopy - no sedation - my experience

Hi. I have read many posts here about peoples experience of an endoscopy and so thought it might be helpful to post my experience as someone who was nervous about the procedure. I have had some abdominal pain since christmas, had blood tests, stool samples, urine samples, an ultrasound and a sigmoidoscopy...

Last reply
  • Endoscopy procedure

I had a endoscopy done yesterday and when I woke up I coughed a lot. Today I chest pain  and difficult in breathing. Is it normal to cough so much after the procedure and have chest pain and breathing difficulties the next day. When will I feel better ?

Last reply
  • Side pain

I had an Esophagus scope 3 days ago. I am in excruciating pain on my lower right side. It hurts to breathe and even lay down.  What could it be?

Last reply
  • Pain after Endoscope

I have Barrett's and a 5cm hh plus gastric erosions. Went for an Endoscopy on Monday to check my Barrett's. Beforehand I had a lot of personal stress and my stomach was very painful , going right through to my back. Anyway during the endoscopy i could feel pain as the camera was moving around...

Last reply
  • Endoscope/Colonoscopy

Has anyone had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done at the same time? I've never had a endoscopy done in my life and I am 59, am getting yearly colonscopies done due to reoccuring polyps. I know if I were to ask my gasternologist he would probably say to have them done seperately since having them done...

Last reply
  • Upper EGD with biopsy

Had a upper EGD done July 13 2017 Findings -zline irregular, 35 cm from Incions biopsied -gastritis biopsied -normal cardia, gastric fundus and gastric body -duodenal erosions with out bleeding biopsy It's been 12 days called the gi office no return calls, I have a appoiment with the dr July...

Last reply
  • Awful gastroscopy experience!

Went for my gastroscopy this morning and it was just hurrendous. How anyone can endure it is beyond me. I asked for sedation etc and genuinely thought I'd be asleep almost or so sedated I wouldn't remember anything. Anyway the sedation didn't work at all and I couldn't tolerate the test...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.