Skip to content

Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy

Also known as Endoscopy, Gastroscopy

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Chest pain after endoscopy?

I had an endoscopy (upper) for the first time this morning. Very uncomfortable experience (had throat spray only) but managed to get through it feeling okay. Almost 12 hours later now and I’ve had a pretty blunt pain in my chest for most of it - pretty much right in the middle of my chest. It’s …

Last reply
  • Upper Endoscopy Without Sedation

Hi all, Just wanted to share my experience of having an endoscopy without sedation yesterday (I'm from the US where sedation is highly pushed on you).  Hopefully, this will allow others to not be afraid! I am a 26 year old male who lives in California.  Relatively healthy, though …

Last reply
  • Pain after endoscopy? Chest pain, discomfort swallowing

I had EGD yesterday with sedation. Felt pretty much fine yesterday, minus a little chest discomfort when breathing in deep. Today I've had no appetite and have discomfort swallowing, and a persistent discomfort in my chest. Waiting for call back from doctor. In meantime, reading about …

Last reply
  • Endoscopy without sedation

Hi everyone I wanted to share my endoscopy experience without sedation in Northern Ireland! I was advised to have one as I have trouble swallowing. I'm a 26yo female. My appointment was at 2.30pm I was called from the waiting room pretty much straight away and brought into another room to have …

Last reply
  • Endoscopy

I think I was more afraid of being sedated than I was about the actual endoscopy but I did go there intending to get it but changed my mind when I got there! The things we have to endure 🤕🤒

Posted
  • Had a endoscopy 7 days ago concerned

Hi my name is Eugenia i want to know if anyone can help me please, i had an endoscopy they took a biopsy so itss been a few days already but i feel like therea something wrong its my first endoscopy ever so i dont know what to think or what is going on in my stomach ! Has anyone been through this …

Last reply
  • Endoscopy

I have an appointment with the gastro doctor in a couple days because i have chronic nausea. I’m scared that i’m getting an endoscopy (which i probably am) can anyone please give me a heads up of what to expect. I’m scared i’m going to throw up while it happens. 

Last reply
  • VERY anxious about endoscopy tomorrow

hey everyone, I have a scheduled endoscopy for tomorrow and I'm very anxious about it. that's all I can think about. I barely got any sleep last night and I don't think tonight is going to be any different. I was told I was going to be sedated but I've never undergone through any …

Last reply
  • Two Years Odour Nose Mouth. CT Sinus & Gastro Endoscope Clear

I've been experiencing chronic odour protruding from my nose and mouth for the past 2 years. I exercise good hygiene; brushing my teeth as much as possible, tongue scraping, and the occasional nasal saline wash. I try to stick to a good diet with restricted sugar, as well as herbal tea and …

Posted
  • Endoscopy experience

I had my endoscopy 2 days ago my appointment was at 10 am I was. There at 10 15 minutes later they call me in talk to me told me to go to the bathroom talk about the weather and stuff to distract me but that didn’t distract me  anyway the nurse was nice she asked me if I have any medication …

Posted
  • Endoscopy tomorrow morning

Omg omg I m eating my nails I m so nervous endoscopy tomorrow I m not only scared of the procedure but also scared what they might find hope nothing is wrong my anxiety is high I m doing breathing exercises but oh my my thoughts are out of control ?what if I have cancer? what if something …

Last reply
  • Acid Reflux after gastroscopy

Can a gastroscopy worsen acid reflux? Since my gastroscopy yesterday Ive been having the worst acid reflux symptoms Ive ever had. Could acid reflux symptoms be caused from the gastroscopy? Had anyone else had this?  

Last reply
  • Pain after esophageal biopsies....

Had an gastroscopy earlier today where they took a couple of biopsies from the esophagus in addition to the biopsies of the ventricel. It hurt when they took the biopsies from the esophagus and now a couple of hours after the procedure it hurts when I eat or drink, especially if I drink something a …

Last reply
  • Risk of HIV by endoscopy ??

I went through endoscopy test ysday, I red online that risk of transmitting disease from person person is high e.g HIV, as device used in test is could not be fully cleaned....how much correct it is?? I am afraid ....

Last reply
  • Irritated Esopagus/ Trachea after an endoscopy

2 weeks ago i had an endoscopy with biopsy to determine why i was having a burning sensation in my chest and a feeling that i had something stuck in my throat, it was just an irritated esophagus from throwing too much from food poisoning, turns out it was an ulcer,a 2 days after the endoscopy that …

Posted
  • First time endoscopy

Getting this done in one day  should I get anesthesia or not I don’t like anesthesia I want to do it without is really uncomfortable without or just a little discomfort  if I get it with anesthesia I. Will have side effects after ? And I can’t take my allergies medicine with the …

Last reply
  • Biopsies taken at gastroscopy

Today I had my first gastroscopy. Biopsies were taken and I'd like to know if they are always taken during this procedure or only if there's an anomaly. The results I was given today were: 1) severe heartburn 2) hiatus hernia 3) the lower part of my oesophagus is very inflamed and I may …

Last reply
  • Endoscopy NO Sedation

Hello, Had my first endoscopy a few days ago (I suffer from panic disorder) and was scared stiff of having it done the night before i was due to have it done i was thinking of not going. As was going to have it with sedation but have read alot of horror stories on the internet about people gagging, …

Last reply
  • Scared of endoscopy

I m getting this done next week I m scared I don’t want to get it done but I the same time I do want to find out what’s wrong with my stomach I know they will put me to sleep I m scared of no waking up I don’t know my ocd anxiety make think the worse all the time I have allergies and non …

Last reply
  • Help, Endoscopy results, i'm scared

Yesterday I had an Upper Endoscopy and although the consultant talked to me, I can't really remember what he told me as i was still under sedation. This is my Gastroscopy Report: -Oesophageal biopsies taken to rule out eosinophilic oesophagitis -Fundal gastric polyp also biopsied -CLO negative …

Last reply
  • Results!

Hey there!  I saw the surgeon today for my results and he was mainly focused on the inflammation of my stomach.  He gave me the pathology results to take home and I'm concerned about one of the biopsies list, can someone shed light on this as google can't! The small bowel mucosa …

Posted
  • Endoscopy Experiences

Hi everyone I am due to ha an upper Endoscopy in 3 weeks time and would like some reviews on experiences to calm my nerves. I am having sedation due to being scared but reading some of the reviews about being aware and struggling against it has made me worse, can anyone who has recently had this …

Last reply
  • Endoscopy results I.dont understand them help please

Hi I recently had I gastroscopy and had 9 biopsies taken I got a brief report of what them found but don't understand it. If anyone could help I would be greatful Site a --- single or isolated erosion oval or linear but effecting only 1 longitudinal fold Site c----- 3xbiopsy Site d ----- …

Last reply
  • Upper endoscopy (EGD) Has anyone else had this back pain?

Hi, I've been suffering from sudden heart burn, intense globus sensation and havn't been able to eat well without the feeling of food being stuck since early May. I was finally refered to have an Upper GI. Yesterday I had the upper EGD. Was brought into the preproom, had to put on a gown …

Last reply
  • Help! Endoscopy in a ew days!

I have been scheduled for an endoscopy in a few days time and opted for the sedation as i am severely agoraphobic and terrified of the procedure. Can any one tell me their story of being under sedation and having this procedure done? Do you fell asleep? I’m sure they give me both the spray and the …

Last reply
  • Petrified

I am due to have my forth Gastroscopy tomorrow...I don't suffer these things well..always opted for sedation. Last one the sedation had not taken effect before they were ramming the tube down my throat...swallow I kept getting told...please tell me how u can swallow a tube the size of your …

Last reply
  • Endoscope - no sedation, no worries

Just wanted to add my own experience to the pile for anyone that's never had one and especially if you're terrified.  Firstly - you're doing a great job by researching the procedure and your options!  I was stunned by the nurses today when they told me most people don't …

Last reply
  • Upper Endoscopy WITHOUT sedation UK

Today I had a endoscopy done without sedation- after reading online weather to get sedated or not it was a 50/50 choice for me as I was in two minds and after deciding what I wanted to do I decided in my head I didn’t want to be sedated.reason being is I wanted to be fully aware of what was going …

Last reply
  • Upper Endoscopy positive experience

This morning I had my very 1st upper endoscopy procedure. Yesterday afternoon a GI doctor stated I would need one to confirm gallbladder issues. Recently before that, I had an ultrasound and CT scan showing gallstones. My endoscopy was done in Gladstone, Missouri. The staff were really nice and …

Last reply
  • Upper back pain after gastroscopy

I had a gastroscopy 3 weeks ago as I have acid reflux which causes me ongoing heartburn and pain in the chest. However ever since I have had this test, which caused me to wretch terribly , I’ve had pain in between my shoulder blades which hurts when I cough or sneeze. I’m wondering if because I was …

Last reply
  • Oral (With sedation) v Trans-nasal endoscopy

Hi everyone, I have 2 endoscopies in the last 1.5 years.  This was due to reflex issues and I was diagnosed with  a hiatus hernia, an ulcer and barrett's.  The ulcer has cleared up and my barrett's they were very happy with, however it's likely this will need monitored …

Last reply
  • Endocospy results - anyone had something similar?

Good afternoon all, First post to the forum! Fow a few years now, I’ve had occasional upper stomach pain which often occurred at night time and on several occassions, these pains were so severe that I ended up in A&E. 4th Feb I had an Endoscopy (without sedation - which I would recommend to …

Last reply
  • Upper gastroscopy without sedation - it was ok!

I had an upper gastroscopy today (UK) without sedation and just wanted to share my experience. I opted just for the numbing spray as I don't like needles or the feeling of being sedated and I had no choice but to drive myself home anyway! I was a bit nervous but I thought it couldn't be any …

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.