Endoscopy and 4 biopsies taken… still feeling pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello! My mom had an endoscopy recently and had 4 biopsies taken. The results were fine, except they did find h. pylori. It was in early May, and she's still feeling pain at the biopsies sites. Please, if you have any tips or advice on how you recovered, how long it took to recover or what you did. Any help would be greatly appreciated. She says she can feel it like an open wound inside. We don't know what to do.

Thank you so much, I would really appreciate it.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

its hard and individual...

my advise will be take bland diet and source

1. mastic gum
    2. slippery elm

and be positive.... avoid alcohol and smoking...chocolate...coffee etc...

it can take couple weeks to recover in some cases months.... ask your gp for antiacids they may help.

best of luck

• Posted

I had an upper endoscopy in the first part of May, too. For the first week, I only experienced a little bit of pain, which I assumed to be the biopsy sites. However, about a week after the procedure, I started feeling nauseated after every meal, and bloated. It has very slowly gotten better, but not in a straight line. The abdominal pain is like a burning sensation under my sternum and down toward my belly button. It also feels like cramping under my ribs, mainly on the right side, but sometimes on the left, too. They found some low level gastritis when they did the procedure, but I never had any symptoms prior to the procedure.

I'm really hoping this all resolves, but I'm not finding enough anecdotal information from this forum to conclude that it is somewhat normal to experience this sort of thing after an endoscopy. The only drug I'm taking is Omeprazole to neutralize the stomach acid, but I wonder if it's a high enough dose, what my pH is, etc.

Hopefully we'll see many affirmative replies that what we're experiencing is at least somewhat normal. That said, I'm seeing my primary care provider tomorrow to see what she thinks. Do I need an ultrasound, CT, or what?

• Posted

Hello Tom, I hope you read this. I am going through similar symptoms and what feels like GERD, which I never had before. its been 15 days since my endoscopy. did you find any relief?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.