Feeling really sad and depressed

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi ladies. is anyone else dealing with very low moods? its quite scary

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Edited

Hello.

I'm dealing with this too. I'm 6 years post menopause but had to have a hysterectomy 18 months ago which seemed to increase mu already quite disabling menopausal symptoms. I'm struggling with severe anxiety and depression. I live alone and don't see any family apart from my daughter when she isn't busy. I understand how scary it is.

• Posted

im sorry to hear youre struggling too but it does give me comfort and hope that im not going crazy or dying. at least not for now. ive honestly been in shock and fear with all these symptoms and when it all started i had a nervous breakdown not knowing what was happening and have found i have little to not support from family and some i thought were friends. thank god for this forum bc im not sure what would have happened had i not found all you ladies

• Edited

I can so relate to your post. I am post menopause 11+ years and still deal with this. The last year has been one of my worst so far. Seems I feel so sad, depressed, bad anxiety, low mood, intrusive thoughts and crying almost every day. It is if I can not handle anything any more, everything upsets me to the point of tears and my whole body trembling. I have always been strong but I honestly feel I am falling to pieces. I just do not know how to get a handle on my emotions. I am 60 years old and had a total hysterectomy almost 12 years ago, never taken HRT. I know some of what I am experiencing is age related, but I truly thought things would be settling down by now. Prayers that we all will start feeling better soon.

GOD Bless

• Posted

im 49 and this all started in 2018 when i woke up and was walking to the kitchen and it felt like a burning electrical sensation went from my feet to my head and back out my feet. i started having tummy issues and eventually had my gallbladder removed. all the while everyone was saying youll be a brand new person once you have your gb removed. boy they were wrong. ive had gastritis and constant stomach issues since. every body ache you can think of and anxiety and depression like never before. i havent had a period since Sept. so i was hoping this was coming close to the end but im beginning to wonder if this is just my life now.

• Edited

ShoSho46Hello, I am 50 years old this year and my health has been very stable for many years. Last year I did not have a period for 5 months but at that time I still had no symptoms, after that I got my period again. Twice, in one night while I was sleeping my body felt like I was being electrocuted and my heart was beating fast and then I was completely exhausted, I woke up and was very scared, after that horrible night until now. Now I have to face every day with a weak body, headaches, dizziness, exhaustion, hot flashes, heart palpitations, not a single bit of energy left in my body, all of which has been done. I have very severe depression, I used to be an active woman in every job but now I have to quit my job and can't do anything, I cry every day and don't know if I can get through this period. this horrible episode, every day feels like living in hell for me, this feeling is so cruel 😢😢😢😢😢😢😭😭😢😭😭😭😭😭

• Posted

This was how it happened to me as well. Just going along, healthy, living life and menopause hit out of no where and I have never been the same. I have been dealing with symptoms 15 years and this past year had been my worst so far. My entire life changed once menopause started and has never been the same and to be honest I do not know if it ever will be again. This truly is a time of constant change.

• Posted

im sorry were all dealing with this. its so hard and depressing. i get so scared i freeze my body and ive got a lot of pain. im hoping one day we all get through this

• Posted

I am really touched and thank you for replying to me, it is really difficult to overcome these evil symptoms of premenopause, I have been living in the dark for nearly 4 months, I feel like I am I'm no longer myself, every day I wake up with a feeling of fear and no energy to do anything, I'm so tired and so tired, this feeling is so scary, I didn't know that I can continue through the days with a weak body, I am completely devastated 😢😢. Let me give you a big hug

• Posted

I really thank you for replying to me, my mood has been very bad for the past four months, I live in fear and don't know if these symptoms will kill me, I see my life I am now very miserable every day, recently I lost my father in a car accident, that was the time when my spirit completely collapsed, and then my mother had to be hospitalized for kidney surgery. , everything makes my life no longer peaceful because of the obsession of seeing my father die in my arms, now every day I have to live in the darkness with a premenopausal disease. It's so scary, I'm completely helpless and don't know if I can get through it, please let me hug you tightly so I don't feel alone in my heart.

• Posted

I really thank you for replying to me, my mood has been very bad for the past four months, I live in fear and don't know if these symptoms will kill me, I see my life I am now very miserable every day, recently I lost my father in a car accident, that was the time when my spirit completely collapsed, and then my mother had to be hospitalized for kidney surgery. , everything makes my life no longer peaceful because of the obsession of seeing my father die in my arms, now every day I have to live in the darkness with a premenopausal disease. It's so scary, I'm completely helpless and don't know if I can get through it, please let me hug you tightly so I don't feel alone in my heart.

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.