Feeling similar to hunger

Posted , 4 users are following.

So it all started in the past November. I was having a normal meal at a restaurant but then I just started having this weird aching feeling really similar to hunger but that can't be it because I had eaten a great amount of food and was feeling pretty full at the same time. The feeling kept bothering me during a few time but then it just went away. Two months ago (maybe) the feeling came back but now it is much more regular. I have it basically everyday. I wake up feeling hungry but the hunger just feels different. I eat something and the feeling gets better but comes back right after and it just can't be hunger. Then, I sometimes feel nauseous, my intestinal stuff is sometimes weird and my belly makes lots of noises. I'm really starting to get worried. Any idea?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

The hunger feeling is really difficult to explain..
  • Posted

I am only 17 and a female and my parents won't take me to a doctor and I'm really worried that I may have stomach cancer or something. Can someone please give me an honest opinion?
  • Posted

Hi Sara,

it it sounds like you may have a stomach ulcer but you must go to doc for proper diagnosis. If it is a stomach ulcer, it is easily treatable with medication so there's no need to worry.

ive had many ulcers in my lifetime and the gnawing pangs of hunger especially immediately after eating, are a classic sign. But you must not just leave it as it could bleed and cause more serious problems.

If I ever work out how to actually post this reply, I hope it's been helpful! I've tried three times so far and it keeps disappearing!

let me know how you get on

Kay

x

• Posted

Hi Kay, thank you very much for your reply

I thought about that but my mom thinks it's all in my head but it's really not..

I'm gonna try talking to her and I'll tell you as soon as I get any news!

• Posted

I'm really starting to get worried, I keep having that weird hunger like feeling but at the same time I also get loss of apetite..? Maybe it's stress because I am really damn worried of having cancer, I really am.. 

Please, can someone help me?

• Posted

Dear Sara alot of digestive problems can cause loss of appetite, i had gastitis which is an inflammed stomach lining which can be treated with medication. My loss of appetite went on for a few weeks aswell and yes it is worrying but like i said other disgestive disorders can cause this, plus worrying will add to the appetite loss. I would say you must go to the doctor so they can sort it out for you x
    • Posted

Dear pinkcatfairy, thank you so much for your reply

I think I'm going to the doctor in a couple of days and I'm doing some exams. I hope it's nothing special

x

• Posted

dont worry sara, because anxiety wil make your tummy feel worse. I get this hunger feeling after eating sometimes. It can be a related to having a mild cold (or a norovirus) - mucus drains into the stomach and produces more stomach acid.

It could be IBS or a food intolerance, set off by something you ate at the resturant.

If you cant get to a doctor why not ask the drug store pharmacist for advice? You could always buy some anti-acid tablets at the store and see if it helps. You mom should take you seriously - she sounds hard-hearted!

• Posted

Better to be safe and speak to a doctor, and have tests. if it is a stoamach ulcer you will need medication to cure it. If you tried meds such as gaviscon and it makes no difference, then you need some tests. Of course, avoid all acidic and peppery/chilli foods - even coffee.

• Posted

Hey pat! 

Well, I think my mom is finally taking me somewhere. I hope we can figure it out. 

The weirder is that right when I wake up all the little burps and tummy noises and everything starts without even having anything in my stomach..

• Posted

That is good to hear that you will see someone, when i had the gastitis my stomach made all sorts of noises in the early hours hope it gets sorted x
    • Posted

So my doctor is nowon vacations so I'll have to wait more than a week.. can gastriris last this long? I mean, more than 2 months?
    • Posted

Yes Sara I had it for four months, how frustrating for you to have to wait but at least you can get a proper diagnosis xx
  • Posted

Okay so I just spit blood. I felt a sudden bload taste in my mouth, I went to the bathroom and I was spitting blood. Can someone just please help me? I am freaking out..
    • Posted

*blood, I'm sorry, I can't even thing straight, I'm so scared
    • Posted

I am sorry for being a pain in the ass but I'm so scared..
    • Posted

Dear Sara you should just go and get it checked, could it have been from your gums? I have that occasionally even a hot drink can set it off, but it is best to get yourself checked out x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.