fell, shoulder xrayed, pain under breast now think it could be angina.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Fell, left shoulder xrayed at hospital, pain from arthritis in shoulder, but on leaving hospital had chest pain around heart, thought it might be a fractured rib. Am due to see a orthopaedist in a few weeks, probably for cortisone injection to shoulder and knee, but after coming here am beginning to think angina. Will make a appointment tomorrow with my internist. Taking a adult aspirin immediately and one every day until I see him Tried to avoid all pain meds except on skin.. Now I realize the shoulder pain could be part and parcel of the angina as well as the chest pain. Considered going to the ER again this a.m. but held off thinking I'll call the internist tomorrow first thing. My knees went a while back so I have been unable to do any real exercising for 2 months, which is pool just as well. Only doing water walking and hot and cold pool at the YMCA no bycling or walking except to stretch the injured knees. I was aware of the shoulder and chest issue but was ignoring it before the fall. You don't always take pain seriously at my age which is 82. People say I look 20 years younger, so I pooh, pooh my condition to myself, figuring its better to be positive than whiney.  Now while I'm not afraid of death, I figure I best take better care of myself. People where I live are dropping like flies, though it is supposed to be active adults over 62. Family tend to die in their 80's, mother at 89.  Everyone buys the farm sooner or later. Prefer it to be a bit later. Brother died of strokes in mid 80's. Am glad I checked in here, haven't for a few years. I appreciate this site.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Oh do have high blood pressure. My cardiologist retired last year and I didn't look for a replacement. Perhaps I'de best do so once I check in with the internist. I tend to self care and natural methods though I was around doctors all my adult life. Had the best medical care all my life with great men and women, but medicine has changed and doctors while caring are not what I'm used to. It is more computerised and less personality and on hands care.

• Posted

Saw a nurse practitioner. Xray of chest, and EKG. EKG O.K. doesn't think it is angina, will see what xrays show. Lot of muscle pain in back.. Very relieved it isn't heart. Not worried now. Alls well that ends well. Glad I checked myself out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.