First 2 weeks on Zoloft. Someone give me hope please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everybody

I was switched from Pristiq to Zoloft 2 weeks ago as I had 4 very bad episodes in 12 months on Pristiq.

Days 7-11 where great... but the panic and anxiety are back and very very very difficult to deal with. I'm taking Seroquel to manage and it makes me so tired it's hard to function.

Please give me some light at the end of the tunnel!!

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Getting both distance and understanding about the panic and anxiety helped me.  I know! It just consumes you.  I started reading this book The Unteathered Soul by Michael Singer and man it helped me from the first chapter.  Give it a try. You have nothing to lose. It gives you understanding and power about your thoughts and emotions.  Good luck.  Ellen
    • Posted

Thank you Ellen!

I will look the book up now. I feel as though I won't be able to read tho! I'll give it a try

Thank you!

• Posted

Hi Jane I'm also taking Zoloft 50mg so far so good it takes around 5/7 weeks to start working so hang in there hopefully it will start working for u😀
    • Posted

Thank you Mona95. I am struggling so much!

Are you doing well now on them? Do you feel like your old self again?

• Posted

It took around 2months for it work this week is the frist week I felt better trust me u will get better
    • Posted

Thank you so much Mona!

That gives me hope.

I am going to see a hypnotherapist tomorrow.

At the moment I'm willing to try anything that may help!

• Posted

No worrieZ I hope it all works out for u 2mrrow .

I no how it feels when u just need to talk to someone that going through the same thing.

Anytime you need to talk to someone I'm here.

• Posted

Hi again

I'm sitting here with this hot weight on my chest and I'm tense all over.

I can not shake it.

It's so horrible

• Posted

I no how u feel I had all that it's hard u have to take it day by day do u hav any help
    • Posted

I have my mum at home with me and my daughter.

I have seroquel and valium tho I am very careful with the valium as I don't want to be addicted.

I just want it to go away.

I am trying to tell myself to accept the waves of it when it comes and it will pass.

But they keep on coming

• Posted

Hi Jane.. When I first started zoloft I felt constant anxiety and that feeling of tightness in my chest. I am on day 20 and I am finally feeling better. I still get a bit of anxiousness but I can tell it's starting to work. Please stick with it. It will start working soon. I was given xanax to help with the panic and anxiety and I was afraid to take it because I didn't want to get addicted but if you need it don't be afraid to take it just don't abuse it. There were times when meditation and breathing did not help and I needed that little extra help that the xanax provided.

Also I find if you distract yourself it helps a bit. When I felt that constant anxiety I would sit outside on my porch, play a game, call a friend.. Anything to take my mind off of it for a second. I also discovered Bexlife on YouTube. She is a meditation and yoga teacher and her videos have been really helpful! There is one about panic and anxiety that I watch daily.

I hope some of this helps you! If you need to talk please message me.

• Posted

Hi there Amanda

Thank you so much for your help.

I am taking the valium when things get really bad.

The Dr recommended I keep the seroquel up until things improve.

I have just woken up and it's the worst

• Posted

Hi Amanda

Today has been another difficult day. But I saw a hypnotherapist who gave me some guidance. She said that when I feel it coming say hello to it, thanks for warning me but I'm fine.. I'm in control. I've tried it a few times today and it's very difficult.

I am just hoping that everyday will get a little easier.

• Posted

Hi Jane,

I'm sorry you're having another rough day. I wish there was something I could do to help take it away. A lot of the meditation videos that I watch tell you to welcome the anxiety and say thank you and then move on but its so hard to do. It definitely takes practice. Have you tried meditation?

• Posted

Hi Amanda

Sorry for the late response.

I have tried meditation but it is very difficult to get through with my daughter wanting something whenever I'm not in the room.

And then it's hard to take the lessons into the day when the anxiety is really bad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.