First Ultrasound appointment

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been having pevlic pain for the past 2 months. Started from my lower right and going upwards. My doctor gave me pain killers, done urine test, bloods and swabs and said its fine and don't know the problem until I have a scan. The pain is also now down below.. I have constipation more than before and also feel tired easily.

Anyways I had my ultrasound scan. It said on my appointment letter it should last 15-20mins. First the lady scanning me checked my kidneys and lower pelvic middle region not my right area and kept putting pressure on it. I feel she may have not scanned me properly regarding where my pain was. Am a bit

Worried cause it took 10mins and she was focused in one area and told me thats me done and I can go. Little did I know I was bursting to go to the bathroom as my bladder was full then went to the reception to ask. They told me they don't give results they will write a report and send it to my GP. Am worried and can't sleep and it's given me stress what it might be.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Rest assured, I totally understand where you're coming from. When our body is out of sorts and not acting right, it can get the best of our anxieties. I have been going out of my mind this last week thinking there is something sinister at work in my body. Still haven't got straight answers, but I've gotten to the place that I just have to let it go and wait. Otherwise, I'm going to give myself a heart attack. Honestly, if I had a dime for every time I wrongly perceived the reactions of a sonographer or procedure tech during a test, I'd be retired and living on a tropical island right now. Ovaries can be tricky little things and at times float behind other structures making not difficult to see them. That could very well be why she spent more time on one side than the other. Also, there are definitely some benign things that commonly occur that are causing your symptoms. I know what you're going through. Take some deep breaths and remind yourself that anxiety is the unfounded fears we have about the future (not based in reality). We tell ourselves stories and they spin out of control. Might as well create a different, more positive story that feels good to you. Hope this helps. You'll get some good news soon, I'm sure of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.