Fluoxetine 20mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I am currently on day 8 of 20mg fluoxetine and I feel dreadful. My anxiety is sky high, I keep obsessively thinking about everything bad I've ever done and I feel so low. Does anyone have any remedies or advice?

thank you x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

its horrible i know its just a case of getting through it first few weeks are always the worst and then a few more weeks after for any change to be realised im nearly at 5 weeks and still struggle to sleep and wake up with a knot in my stomach its really tough hang in there

• Posted

Hi Mark,

thanks for your reply. if you dont mind me asking have you seen any improvement over the 5 weeks? I also have the stomach thing, and every morning i wake up in a severe panic that doesnt shift until the afternoon. its horrible but i really hope these tablets can help

• Edited

hi sarah

my anxiety has dropped off a little and i get a few hours somedays where i feel quite normal i suppose this the tablets trying to take effect still get the odd rush of anxiety that comes over my body more so at night when i lie there and my mind races but these have become less intense over the weeks it really is a journey first 3 or 4 weeks are very hard with an aray of sideaffects muscle twitches i still have these at night one day i hope to again feel normal all the time i suppose it just needs time

• Posted

im glad to hear that the medication is helping somewhat. you're right, it just takes time, but thats also the most annoying part! today was a bad day, but tomorrow is a new one. im hoping your day is positive tomorrow

• Edited

Hi Sarah I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and 2 and half weeks on 40mg it is horrendous I know what your going through dont give up push through it you will get there good days are coming I know its so difficult with the thoughts that's me in a nutshell as Mark has said it's awful we are always here for a chat

• Edited

hey robert, i really appreciate that! im really hoping that things will get better soon. I have a really important interview to attend and im worried that my anxiety will effect it. im doing all i can to feel better, but today was bloody difficult. i really appreciate the support from yourself and mark, heres hoping we can all push through the bad times!

• Edited

we will all get there im sure having my usual anxiety attacks before bedtime got some sleeping pills which also calms anxiety to be used only in emergency so will take one and at least get a few hours sleep

• Edited

Increased anxiety when you start meds is normal, all those thoughts are anxiety. Just give some time and it will balance out

• Posted

slight update - spoke to the GP today and they have prescribed 2mg diazepam to take as and when required. i know this isnt a long term option, but hopefully it works until the side effects subside. i really appreciate everyones advice & i hope you are all doing well today

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.