Fluoxetine 20mg Day 2

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've felt so detached from my family and husband for so long (kids are 16 and 5) been through many stressful things, also busy working etc so put it down to that then thought put it down to perimenopause but that was ruled out.

feeling of knotting in my tummy constantly, anger, sadness, confusion, detachment, no sex drive, dragging myself through life with a smile but feeling dead and sad inside. finally spoke to the GP, had a good talk and agreed i should start 20mg of Fluoxetine, day 2 obviously very early but i have no appetite and thought of food makes me feel ill forcing some things down, did anyone have this to start off with? also not the best sleeper (also thanks to my kids!) and worried ill get insomnia or something? love overthinking

thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sara

that's the way i felt when i decided to start Fluoxetine. I went through nausea, lost of appetite, crazy increased anxiety, insomnia, night sweats and another 100 symptoms.

They are side effects, your body is adjusting to meds and they will pass.

How old are you .? And why doctor ruled out perimenopause? There is no accurate test to prove you are in perimenopause because hormones fluctating all the time.!

Msg me privately if you like to chat about it

• Posted

yes Sarah this is all normal it will get a bit challenging for a few weeks but keep going im 10 weeks on Tuesday have increased to 50 4 weeks ago so going through it all again but you will get better yes it effects your appetite and stomach and sleep untill you adapt to the medication

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.