Fluoxetine 7 months , think I'm having a blip

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I've been taking fluoxetine for 7 months still having good and bad weeks is this normal ? I'm getting bad stomachs too and anxiety

Was wondering if anyone else has had same problems

Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to mention im on 20mg .
  • Posted

Hi I took fluoxetine for a year before I woke up one day and thought it's gone it was a lovely day I felt great - I started to take again 18 weeks ago still feel horrible aches headaches anxiety and weak I think you just have to hang on in there I had a coupleasant of goodish weeks but v intense again

• Posted

I'm on 20mg too same as last time we have to learn to be patient and look forwards not back

• Posted

Thanks Julie I was on it for over a year last time and i felt great , it's really been though this time round I thought 7 month I would feel great, I have to be more patient I think , side effects keep coming and going still too after all this time x

• Posted

I know it's a beast I think it is our memory that keeps it alive which hopefully the fluoxetine helps with so we don't take so much notice I am having a bad day today aces feeling ls all over the place and the restlessness so your not alone

• Posted

I really think it is our memory Julie let's hope things settle for the both of us eh? Sounds like we are going through the same at the minute just can't settle , hope your feeling better son glad I'm not alone x

• Posted

No your not alone mornings are like groundhog day strange feelings feeling down like brain not working I remember when it lifted last time it was wonderful can't wait but we must

• Posted

How long did you take fluoxetine before you felt that it was working?
    • Posted

Well this time the second time of taking I am still really struggling mornings are dreadful and loads of headaches which mean's my head never feels clear it's hard to do anything and that horrible feeling I am 18 weeks in I have bouts of feeling a bit better so still waiting

• Posted

Hi Mitchy

I know it is very old post, but just wondering how are you? I am exactly as you have described - 7 months and still up and down.. One day so hopefull and next day crushing, crying, feeling hopeless and thinking i will never feel as myself again.. Just wondering have you recovered ? Assuming you have not posted on this site anymore, you are feeling great and living your life to the fullest. Please give me some hope if possible..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.