Fluoxetine 8 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello All,

I've been on Fluox for 8 weeks. My doctor added lithium 150 mg at the beginning of the week. I still have insomnia, have to take Lunesta to sleep, and my mornings are horrible when getting out of bed. I still don't have any interest or enthusiasm and pleasure in activities. I'm getting a little desperate. I know that it can take some time to see full improvement. Does this sound the normal course the medicine takes?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have been on it for 1 week and 4 days it started out really bad then it got better each day. Had two perfect days two days ago now yesterday i was down again today I upped my meds not by much tho. I was on 2.5 as I'm scared to take anything higher at first today I took the 2.5 and I took a 2.5 and cut that in half. Yes I still have problems getting up in the morning. But it seems once my meds kick in I at least wanna get out of bed still don't wanna do anything but at least I'm up. I hope I have a great turn soon as I'm missing work and life and my old self. My 7 yr old is missing out on summer sad

• Posted

I was gonna say to I think the ups and downs have to do with out menstrle cycle
  • Posted

Hi

It might just mean you need a higher dose in near future of fluoxetine.

Have a chat with your gp and let them know I feel no different. I've not taken lithium so not sure about that one.

When I let my doc know they usually do a review on my meds and increase dose or tell me to give it another week or so then come back.

I've not used lunesta but I used to have major insomnia. I managed it with sleep techniques in the end! Yes I know! I thought I needed meds but in the end it turned out I didn't have good bedtime sleep habits! I still have sleepless nights about 1 or times mtg but generally all is good.

If you find it easy to sleep on holidays and weekends and can't on workdays it's prob more psychological.

At 9pm start dimming lights in house. Don't expose yourself to light higher than 60 watt.

Dim lights on your mobile phone and or tv and pc.

Remove clocks or turn them to face wall. No one needs to know time at night. You just need clock to wake you at same time every morning...even on weekends..regardless when you fell asleep.

Don't TRY to sleep, you need to simply FALL asleep by relaxing. Relaxing and comfort is key.

Gently inflate and deflate your body laying comfortably in bed. I suspect you are tense so while u r breathing close your eyes and sense if any part of your body feels awkward or painful. Shuffle until you settle in a heavy loose lump on bed.

If you are yawning you can usually fall asleep within 25 mins by just laying in bed and listening to an audio book or something of a stable sound on sleep timer 60min max). No need to think of sleep if it's gonna happen it will.

If you suddenly realise your still awake get up and sit quietly. No tv. Get cooler. No lights. Use loo if needed. No talking. No phone. Have some milk. you do not need to know the time! It may take an hour or 2 but youll feel tired and want to wrap up in bed. Snuggle down.

You have microsleeps at night that I don't notice. Ever notice how 7hours at night passes like 5mins compared with a working day of 7hours. You won't suffer the next morning for sleeping later. You will just descend in to different quantities of light and deep sleep..Depending on what you need. Get a sleep app on your phone to prove when you stop moving or completly silent at night.

Drink less liquid including alcohol from 8pm and set use loo before bed.

make sure you bed room is lovely and clean, fresh not clttered and no reminders of things you don't like. E.g. pictures or work reminders.

If you wake thinking you need to solve problem or forgot to do something. If it's that important you will definitely remember next day at 9am when spend daily 30 mins just writing your to do list.

If you are worried about someone else. It's an impossible problem to solve. You can't make others do stuff just advise! You def can't advise at night.How often do you really come up with 100% brilliant ideas at night that you apply and share next day. Very few I guess. If you don't believe me phone yourself and leave an answerphone message of your idea so you can do it in morning. It will be minor most of time.

Learn stretching

Do positive happy things no matter how small everyday. It might just be I combed my hair and showered in best showergel.

When your body has energy and mindspace to get enthusiatic and interested it will happen. more you try to force it the longer it takes I think just concentrate on happiness.

Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks deeb. I'll try your recommendations. I appreciate your detailed explanation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.