Fluoxetine

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi guys,

i have been on fluoxetine for nearly 7weeks now. i was on 20mg for 5 weeks the doctor then put it up to 40mg. but my anxiety and intrusive thoughts got 100000x worse. to where i had to go a and e x2.

i have had bad intrusive thoughts of killing myself for years. but they have just got so much worse.

due to this the doctor has put it back down to 20mg and gave me promethazine and propanalol.

can anyone relate or know if its going to get better?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes abby it will get better , just give time to meds to level up

• Posted

hi abby

how are you feeling now? i created my own discussion but cane across yours so will copy and paste mine below:

hi all,

i became unwell at the start of my pregnancy and this caused some anxiety i believe. I have one intrusive thought that is on loop 24/7 and massively affecting my daily life / relationships. no matter what im doing im thinking about it. i did 6 weeks 20mg and 4 weeks on 30mg. side affects have subsided. i have began to get some glimmers of hope through the day where i think il look back at this time in my life and think how silly i have been. i have everything and nothing to be sad about but its caused depression. im off work, im avoiding seeing family and friends. when i do something nice im just plagued by the though so i just avoid everything. please can someone relate and respond. thank you x

• Posted

hi just wondering how you are im on day 12 of increase to 40mg been on fluxidine over 7 weeks first week of increase thought I was getting better then last 5 weeks side effects have been hell I take it for anxiety worried it won't work

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.