fluoxetine please help after 8 weeks anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello,

​i would like to know if some people have given up fluoxetine after two months due to panic attacks and anxiety increased...i am not on a big dose but I have big anxiety with it..is this normal? can it happen for some people and they had to change .....thank you for your answer..i am lost

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Wish I could help!I am 8 weeks in and on 25 mg!I slowly worked up starting at five mg and going up every week and stayed at 20 for two weeks then been in 25 two weeks and have been on it 8 weeks total!no real improvement yet and sometimes I feel like I'll never get better!Hugs!!I understand!!Just wanna be me again for my kids

• Posted

I did feel like giving up because of side effects but i stuck with it and i am so glad as it has been a god send, 7 months on my side effects are virtually non existant, i don't obsess constantly, no anxiety, calmer and more happier. Its easy to say it gets better but it does for most so try and hang in there

• Posted

did you have awful anxiety , i mean really awful....?
    • Posted

Mine is mainly my OCD that causes anxiety!I was bad ten years ago and fully recovered from celexa but weaned off during my last pregnancy!I reacted badly to it when I tried to go back on it and only lasted two days,why I am trying the Prozac!Everyone says it takes a while to kick in!Its hard to know though if you can't have any real improvement and my main side effect is buzzing in my lower back like my nerves are frazzled,some muscle twitching and lethargy

• Posted

yes i understand, i have been well on celexa, i think it is the name in english , i was doing so  fine for two years with this one, i have tried after and react badly...as if the brain said it is over now for this one.....i dont have the buzzing on my back like you but i feel anxious awful , intrusive thoughts, panic attacks worsened, unable to be a second still , full of fears , body strange sensation of being light or heavy always....hard to know if it is us or the med, and yes wait...but how long, i am too focused on meds, every one says this , i am always on the net looking for meds...compulsory..but i am not well
  • Posted

Hi Anne,

Yes i was n fluoxetine for 9weeks and the doctor as now changed me over to sertraline.

Side effects were horrendous i felt so much panic all the time and i couldnt stop thinking and worrying. I felt so sick lost my appetite lost weight. The 9weeks traumatised me in a way and caused me to become depressed sounds extreme but it really wasnt good!!

I would read on here people sayin give it chance to work it takes a while which is true and i really wanted to stick with it and it to work but i tried being patient for 9weeks! Now im only on day4 of the new medication i already feel less panic although quite tired and chilled.

Go to your doctor and let them know how your feeling!

• Posted

thank you Katie! doctor gives me one more week ..cant hold it
    • Posted

When i went to my GP i was so gutted she changed my medication as i thought aww no im back to square one. I worry about when im gunna be back to work and when im guna feel like me again. For some reason now i have a different outlook on this, i am tellin myself forget work forget next week just concentrate on now, today, each day at a time. This can take a long time but i wont be like this forever. A few steps back hopefully for a massive jump forward!!!
    • Posted

yes i hope so...i dont know , i am really afraid of changing meds as i am sensitive to all. It is awful the morning I have a mix of depression major asthenia mixed all of a sudden of massive anxiety and tetanized....the doctor thought of celexa but i tried it before and was sick, i have tried duloxetine once it was ok once but not after, sertraline too nauseous....so ....I am afraid because i dont know which one can be fine, really i dont know
    • Posted

Sorry to hear you have tried many without any good outcome. How long did you try the others for?

Its so difficult i wish there was a magic button and everything was back to normal but this experience will make you stronger and when younare through this tough yime you will be able to help others with your experience

• Posted

how can we know if the med is working for us or against us...i dont know anymore if the anxiety is the med or me.....
    • Posted

I know this us an old thread but how are you now struggling I am at 8 weeks fluoxetine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.