Fluoxetine taken CoQ10 & PQQ Supplement

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anybody have any experience or knowledge about  taking a CoQ10 with or without PQQ  supplement while taking Flu? The supplement is supposed to be good for the heart but also helps with energy. I am on week 14 taking 40 mg of Fluoxetine and still have terrible lethargy in the afternoon. wondering if  CoQ10 may help? Thanks Guys!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Meeps! God, I take loadsa supps including Q10, HRT, codliver oil, Vit B12, Vit C, collagen, glucosamine... but I don't think any of these make a squirt of difference to the adjustment period when starting Fluoxetine.  Your dose sounds rather high - were you ever on just the 20 mg?  It took me until around week 12 to start feeling the benefits - I'm on 20 mg.  I'm now on week 18 and am generally feeling a lot better. 

Hope this helps.

Anne x

• Posted

yes I was on 20 then slowly upped dosage to 40 mg. History is that I was on 100 mg of sertraline for almost four years  for OCD (obsessive thoughts) and then quit.  then there was hell to pay ..depression came calling ....so after GP put me on lex, then back on sert with no success. think dosages were too high.  Now i see a psych, who slowly bridged me from sert 125 mg to Flu 40 mg. I am now on week 14 still foggy headed most of the day and kind of down in the mornings. I can only hope Dr. knows his stuff. Just wondering if any of the supplements could help with the lethargy. Guess not ...just will continue to perservere and hope the next few weeks  will see improvement. Thanks for the insight.
    • Posted

morning...woke up this morning ...mood was not bad maybe it's starting to kick.... today starts week 16.  Keep praying and fingers crossed!
    • Posted

Hi Meeps, soz for delay.  Oooh, sounding good then, eh? It does take an age for these tabs to kick in.  I find I still get days when I'm forever yawning and am learning to just accept them.  The next day can be more positive, more energetic for me. I must say that keeping a (brief) daily log in the early days, really helped.  When you have bad days, it's so easy to lose perspective, and just glancing over that log can pop things back into focus again!

Anne x x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.