Fluxidine increase feel terrible anbody else go through this

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I've been on fluxidine just over 7 weeks I have had horrendous side effects increased dose 12 days ago to 40mg the first week felt was getting better light at the end of the tunnel but these last 5 days absolutely terrible im on the meds for anxiety my anxiety and panic is through the roof weak shaky legs nausea the runs you name it was wondering has anybody else went through this and when increased dose settles down very worried its not going to work thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Robert

I have increased my dose from 20 to 40 almost 4 weeks ago. I was on 20mg for 10 months and still was very up and down, bad morning anxiety but i was hoping it will settle because i was so scared to increase due to side effects i went through at the beginning.

So my doctor advised to take 20mg morning and 20 in the evening. First week as you said was ok, and on second week i felt nauseous, very sleepy and headache. It lasted for one week and than its gone.

can i ask you why are you increasing .? 7 weeks is still too early, you need more tome for first dose to settle. Every increase will give you side effects, but more longer you are on starting dose, lighter side effects will be.

Hopefully it will soon start to subside for you

• Edited

hi Nat I'm glad it has settled for you im just following what my doctor told me to do I have had such a bad 4 months I cant take much more of this I really hope it settles soon I was on cipralex for 15 years for anxiety I decided to wean off it big mistake so had to go back on it but went through hell it had the opposite effect sent me suicidel so went on fluxidine dide effects have been horrific for me im on day 13 of increase I really hope this ends soon thanks for the reply just looking some reassurance

• Posted

Yes you just have to give some time for increase to balance i your body, unfortunately side effects are down side during recovery, but it will get better.

I am here to chat anytime , stay strong

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.