Fluxotine severe effects after a week?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

A psychiatrist prescribed me Fluxotine 20mg for 2 weeks, 40mg for 2 weeks then 60. i understand going on to them can make OCD worse, i struggle with OCD intrusive thoughts and all sorts its quite intense and ive had it since a kid. CBT had worked over a year ago until i relapsed and they wont let me do it again they want to try different medication. I was put on mitrazapine for a while but sadly it made things worse apart from sleep. The pysc got me off that with olanceapine.

I am now 8 days in and i wake up with severe burning anxiety that just never goes my OCD is worse than it ever has been before everything is a trigger i can't even use grounding techniques to calm down, i feel suicidal, absolutely miserable and ill, it has gotten so much worse in so many ways i cant control it. phoned the pysc to try get advice but he said stop them with no advice or answers. i dont know if i am overreacting and this is supposed to happen or not. i am wondering should i have stuck it out for longer but when you obsess about every tiny thing at a million mph more so when you have just started the pills, i just dont know if i an cope on them for longer. Sadly my psychiatrist just isnt very great and people have had poor experiences with him in the past.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

Really sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. You're not overreacting at all. I don't have experience with OCD, but when I was put on fluoxetine I was having severe morning anxiety. It was waking me up between 5 and 6am every morning and felt debilitating. I was on the medication for about 2 weeks before it wore off. I am still experiencing morning anxiety, but no where near as intensely. I hope this is somewhat reassuring...

• Posted

Thank you for getting back to me. After calling the mental health service again and asking if I am overreacting, they have taken me off it for now and booked an appointment for next week. Sadly I just could not cope with the side affects as it made the intrusive thoughts so much more severe and I couldn't use any techniques to stop it, I was breaking down constantly, still am in a really bad way and I get stuck argueing with it which makes it worse. Hoping that they come up with a solution.

I do hope your morning anxiety wears off and you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.