Foot Rash, seems to be getting worse, infected looking toenail but lab tested and not fungal!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there,

I am slightly worried about my right foot.

I have had this discoloured toenail for around a year. The podiatrist told me that it was fungal, but after months of treatment and looking like it was going away they told me to stop using the fungal nail kit and it seemed to come back. Went to the doctors, had it sent away in a lab and they said it wasn't fungal.

I also had this rash under my foot which I still have, and in the last 2/3 months I have developed another rash on the top of my foot. This started very small but has now spread and is even looking like it's starting between my toes.

I used lamisil once and nothing happened, so doesn't appear to be fungal. I used hydrocortisone cream for a week and doesn't seem to have done much so not sure it's eczema either.

I am worried that the nail and rash could be linked/maybe more sinister. Can anyone help please? Any insight at all would be appreciated

Photo of rash on top of foot before a week of hydrocortisone cream:

Photo of rash on top of foot after a week of hydrocortisone cream:

Photo of rash under foot now:

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Does this rash itch or burn?

• Edited

Hi Marina,

Sorry for a slow reply I was waiting for my question to be uploaded. Yes it is very itchy and doesn't burn. I have also just started to get really sore red skin between my toes, pictures attached. I used "lamisil once" as advised by the doctor and nothing happened. I am also very unsure on the nature of the nail seen as a lab tested it and said it isn't fungal. Can you help me?

• Posted

I think its a type of eczema called pompholyx. Its difficult to treat but usually involves lots of moisturising with something like a wheat base emollient. If Lamisil isnt doing anything you may prefer to go back to your doctor. I will message you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.