Forgetful on flu?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone seem forgetful or like your memory is worse? I'm not sure if it's from my mind constantly running or if it's the meds?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

yes I do find myself as more forgetful, or at least I think I am, aas you say perhaps the meds are confusing the issue a wee bit. I did miss a hospital appointment earlier this year simply by forgetting! so now I write things on the calender, or leave post its here and there!
    • Posted

David I've been on flu about 8 months and still have ups and downs. I'm pregnant and only take 5 mg I'm working on 10mg now because I'm due any day now and my anxiety has shot up worrying about postpartum depression. I'm afraid I'll go back to that place I was last Christmas (self harming thoughts and intrusive thoughts ) from a miscarriage sad it scared me so bad I went to ER crying. I've been following your story and was wondering if you have the same side effects this time as you did last time. I have taken flu once before for another miscarriage but I wasn't nearly as bad and was cured after 6 weeks and stopped them after 3 months. Of course not so lucky this time but it could be from getting pregnant before I was better which wasn't planned.
    • Posted

Probably you are not on a high enough dose yet. I know worrying and depression mess up my memory big time. When you are able get on the proper dosage for you, things will even out and your memory will get back to normal. Mine is so much better now. Let us know when you have the baby! 
  • Posted

Yes Nicole, and sooo annoying! I joked about this in an earlier post, that it's like a sort of "quasi-Alzheimer's" effect. It frightens me a bit because my father died of Alzheimer's, but then I have to remind myself that it's only been really marked since being on 20 mg Flu....

The role of seretonin on our brains, eh? Fascinating!

Anne x

• Posted

It is awful! After work I feel like I repeat a lot of things because I can't remember if I've done them. I just am not sure if it's because I'm constantly going thru things in my mind.
    • Posted

Hi Nicole, I'm so sorry that you're going through this but remember, due-time is stressful for most of us.  Have you discussed this with your midwife? I think it's important that you do this - or your GP if you don't feel comfortable talking to your midwife.

Please do this, Nicole.

Anne x x

• Posted

Talk to her about the forgetfulness? Or the dosage/depression/anxiety?
    • Posted

All the symptoms you've described, Nicole; the recent surge of worry about post-partum depression - and mention the memory probs too.

Anne x

• Posted

Oh yes my high risk doc was the one who told me to increase the dosage to 10mg. Also they said anxiety/depression can make you forgetful. I also have a appt set up with a counselor on the 23rd! Hopefully all will go smoothly!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.