Four months clear now... touch wood

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just thouhgt I would post this to say to everyone it can clear up.

I know you think it never will.

I know compared to many my ten months or so of hell was nothing compared to many of you.

I have posted a good few times on here and hope I have helped a little... but I know you have all helped me massivly. I was so desperate when I found my way here for the first time.

I only have three obsrvations I want to share.

- (not news to most of you... but in case it helps anyone) Do not take any anti inflamatories. Even a month after I had been clear I took two because I do find they really help with headaches and I had the worst angioedema I had had in ten months, it was only a large does of steroids and confidence it would go down which didn't end with me in A&E. It took 12 hours to go down even a bit and my mouth and face were sore for weeks after.

- See an immunologist not a dermatologist. 

- If you have any area of your bosy where you think there may be a problem causing inflamation get it addressed. I was always suspicious my teeth were part of the problem. The immunologist agreed in so far as he said I sould get my teeth all sorted as anywhere with uncontrolled inflamation can cause urticakia... I had various things done by a very understanding dentist who took the possible urtickaris link seriously... I also had my older crown fall out taking all the base and metal etc with it only to find it had been rotten for possibly a very long time. Within a few days of all the dentistry being finished it started to clear.

Good luck...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for sharing and so good to hear you are clear! I am in month 12 and feel a bit hopeless but I have developed some mental toughness which helps, you can't let it beat you! Interesting to read about link with dentistry!

• Posted

Hi Julian

You are so right about the trigger being infection or inflammation and also about steering clear of NSAIDS (anti inflammatories), also codeine. It might help people to also consider any stomach/digestion issues and recent illnesses such as scolds/flu etc and for women oestrogen changes.

• Posted

I have had hives since April and my doctor came to the conclusion it was a combination of having been allergic to a clematis plant I had pulled down(the itchiness started on my neck where I was showered with dead leaves)and anxiety/stress. During that month my youngest granddaughter 4yrs had to have an endoscopy and colonscopy and it wa a very traumatic and worrying time.They found nothing wrong yet she still gets bouts of  being violently sick and shaking during the night. Some of my other family have medical problems and all these seem to have made my anxiety etc. worse.  I get map-like blotches on my body and they are very red at night but faded in the morning...I don't have much itching at all.  It seems doctors just do not know what actually causes hives. I was put on sertraline for my anxiety and panic attacks and this made the hives worse as they were beginning to go. I do not now take any medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.