Freezing/Frozen

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can anyone tell me how you know when you are nearly out of the freezing stage or even already frozen?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

For me at the beginning I got slowly worse from October to January mostly hurt at night. Then my shoulder began to interfere with daily activities. Getting my Rm in and trod clothes was the worst. By June when I did mr mua u could barely get a shirt off without help because of the pIn and limited rAnge of motion. So basically when you are freezing you will know
    • Posted

I know I'm freezing, just don't know if I'm coming to the end of that stage. I'm having trouble with dressing, driving, eating. Make up, brushing my hair, putting my hair in a ponytail is impossible I have to use my other arm.

• Posted

That's where i was before my mua. Are you planning to treAt it or wait it out. I was in so much pain and could do so little I was glad to treSt it more aggressively.

Pt, acupuncture , shots and medicine did nothing for me

• Posted

My left shoulder is frozen, my right is freezing. For me, when my left went from freezing to frozen, the pain became a lot more barable.  Still basically no rom, but the constant nagging pain was significantly reduced. Pain was only on quick movements, when I moved to or past my rom or if I accidentally tried to sleep on it. My right shoulder hurts constantly and I get sharp pains that radiate down my arm throughout the day which hasn't happened in my left for a while now. Hope that helps. 

• Posted

Are you doing any treatment ? Can't imagine two bad shoulders at once

• Posted

Tried Physio, injections, fluid distension and meds. Didn't help. Also did shockwave as I have calcific tendinitis too. Nothing. Waiting to see a sports medicine doc here as it takes a year to get into see a north. Hope the sport doc will help but am not holding my breath. Enter text...

• Posted

to set see ortho not north!! Autocorrect! 
    • Posted

Ask about mua manipulation under anesthesia. Helped a ton
    • Posted

I want help definitely. Need to get back to docs for better pain relief in the meantime. Cocodamol just doesn't work. Had 2 cortisone injections which didn't work.

What's MUA?

I guess I'm not frozen then yet as my pain is still increasing daily but I can't b far off.

• Posted

Manipulation under anesthesia

They put you under manipulate arm and then you go to pt everyday.

Right away less pain and more range of motion. But two months later I am still in pt and have limitations

• Posted

I have 2 at the same time. Just now after 1 year coming out of it . 90 % ROM. Light stretching lots of rest and vitamin D and B
  • Posted

"Typically" moving to from stage 1 (freezing) to stage 2 (frozen) is marked by lessened pain.  I don't think that is true in all cases, though.  I have FS in both shoulders.  The left side has had no improvement in pain or ROM.  The right side recently has been moving much better, but not really any noticeable changes in pain.

• Posted

Hi Lueece:

For me, 'frozen' was when I could sleep again on that side after months of difficult nights. (I just couldn't move it much, it was so stuck!) But sweet sleep. Makes all the difference. That was this past Feb. I am mostly thawed now. 

All the best, 

Liane

• Posted

FS You are absolutely right. If you look at the writings of the people with a true frozen shoulder, that is not the traumatic or surgicals this is what happens after the initial stages of a true frozen shoulder is that they cannot sleep on that side. It seems logical that this would be the first signs of recovery. If I were a physiotherapist this is when I would like to treat the patient when the shoulder  is recovering anyway.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.