GA and Gluten free

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have GA for over 18 years now (I am 28 now) and it's only getting worse. I have tried cortisone creams, chinese herbs and accupuncture. Those last two only made it worse. I felt like I made the patches angry and they had there revenge by getting bigger and more red. I also got myself tested on diabetes, but I do not have diabetes.

I do believe that it comes from the inside, so I am looking into the food stuff now. Maybe cutting out gluten and/or the high histamine foods.

For the ones out there who changed their food pattern and it worked, how did you start?? Did you get yourself tested for coeliakie befor starting? Did you get help from a dietician?

I am glad it is not a horrible disease, but it is making nervous when I see the beginning of a new patch. I am al like, oh no, here we go again. Thanks for your responses! Good luck to all!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I did read that it could be food allergies that cause the break outs. It was advised to have a gluten free diet much as possible. I had a sinus infection and was given antibiotics for it. The medicine cleared up my patch. I had a couple left over so the next I had an outbreak I used them.
  • Posted

Hi Rachel,

I tried everything too! Only thing that worked for me is Plaquenil. Completely got rid of the GA. I am taking a break from it now and having my doctor just inject any new circles that pop up with cortisone. This works also but only if you get them while small I have found that when you do a superficial injection when the lesion is small it goes away and doesn't return.

I am now investigating the connection between my GA and my breast implants as I have just found out I have a ruptured implant.

There is something upsetting my immune system I am going to keep looking.

Good luck to you on your quest to find yours ??

• Posted

Hello - I was wondering if you did find anymore information out about GA and your breast implants?

Also - was your GA around that area?

• Posted

Hi!

I have had an ultrasound and found out the implant has ruptured and the saline leaked out. My research shows the shell of all implants contain many toxic substances including platinum.

I am having surgery to remove my implants in 2 to 3 weeks. So I should know fairly soon if I have any improvement in my GA.

Right now the GA is going crazy and it's all over my torso, groin area and my right arm and my right leg. Same side the implant is on.

• Posted

hello Rachel

I've had severe GA for 2 years.

I've been trying a basic elimination diet. I've removed gluten, dairy, eggs, and refined white sugar. 

While I don't think food allergies caused my GA, I do believe that some types of food aggravate it.

If I cheat and eat something I've eliminated for a few days, I get really itchy and sometimes get new spots. 

I still haven't figured out exactly what triggers this, so I'll continue experimenting with my diet.

My best advice is to eliminate one category at a time, for a month or so and see if you notice anything different.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply.

I started a histamine free diet 1,5 week ago. I try it one month, hopefully I see some improvement by then. Fingers crossed...

Good luck with your experiment smile

• Posted

hi Rachel,

I 've had it since 12... I'm 31 now. I've tried everything and the only thing that is working for me is Rexall.. I take one every night before bed. I try not to take it on the weekends. Sometines if I eat foods high in histamine I take 2.  It went away completely during both of my pregnancies- your body produces more DOA enzymes during pregnancy - which breaks down histamine in your body. I put 2 and 2 together and tried the histamine medicine and it's working! smile Only a few red spots left. good luck! 

• Posted

Hi Crystal,

Thank you so much for your reply!

Is Rexall the brandname? What supplement are the pills made of Loratadine or Cetirizine?

• Posted

Hi Rachel my wife has had GA for about 25 years and it was getting worse covering about 30% of her abdomen about 6 months ago she started taking 1 teaspoon of MSM with lemon juice almost everyday it is now almost all disappeared. I hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Grant,

I have been reading about MSM after your reply. It sounds like a logical solution. I am willing to try anything!

Does your wife dissolve the pouder in de lemon juice? or in water with lemon juice?

Thank you so much for thinkig with me.

• Posted

Hi Rachel,

I just learned thet she has actually had it for 41 years It has appeared and disapeared at times but has got worse over time. Nothing helped creams and steroid injections. She puts 1 teaspoon of MSM powder in a glass squeezes in half a small lemon adds a teaspoon of sugar to make it palatable and adds a bit of water. We have read that when taking MSM with fruit juice helps the MSM to absorb. I hope it works for you we are pretty sure it it is responsible for her GA to disapear.

• Posted

Hi Grant can you tell me what MSM is? I have GA all over my body. My doctor said its the worse case she had ever seen. Mine itches at times. I live in Florida and the heat really bothers it. Making itch more. I am doing the gluten free diet. I am also on methodraxate. It has gotten a little better not much. I am willing to try anything.
    • Posted

Thanks Grant! If this works for me, you and your wife are my heros! smile

• Posted

Hi Ann MSM is Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane a Google search will show it is a good supplement for Skin and Joint problems.It doesnt seem to have any side affects I hope it works for you.
    • Posted

Thank you Grant I will try it. Glad it is helping your wife.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.