GA and Gluten free

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have GA for over 18 years now (I am 28 now) and it's only getting worse. I have tried cortisone creams, chinese herbs and accupuncture. Those last two only made it worse. I felt like I made the patches angry and they had there revenge by getting bigger and more red. I also got myself tested on diabetes, but I do not have diabetes.

I do believe that it comes from the inside, so I am looking into the food stuff now. Maybe cutting out gluten and/or the high histamine foods.

For the ones out there who changed their food pattern and it worked, how did you start?? Did you get yourself tested for coeliakie befor starting? Did you get help from a dietician?

I am glad it is not a horrible disease, but it is making nervous when I see the beginning of a new patch. I am al like, oh no, here we go again. Thanks for your responses! Good luck to all!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone, I promised you an update. I am on a histamine free diet for almost 2 months now. So far it doesn't do anything. I am a bit disappointed!! One spot actually got worse.

I am going to cut out one food at the time now that I started to eat more during the histamine free period. Like bell peppers. In the same time trying taking MSM everyday.

Haven't found my cure, but I am determined to find it!!

All best to all of you!

• Posted

Hi, everyone!

I have had this unsightly affliction for 21 years - popped up after I had foot surgery at 38 y/o and was on broad spectrum antibiotics. Has hung aournd ever since. During tis time, I went to various dermatologists, seeking a reason for this. All shrugged and said they had no clue, prescribed steroid creams which I later learned thin the skin. The doctors did not seem to be sympathetic to my plight (it was not life-threatening or uncomfortable...just unsightly) or curious as to whether or not there may be an internal trigger. That just was not good enough for me!

So, I did some searching and asking around of friends in other medical disciplines, which brought me to a compounding pharmacist. He performed a biometric test which ascertained my skin and sinuses were highly sensitive to gluten. Not gluten intolerant, as is the case with celiacs, but skin and sinus sensitive. He gave me a GF and food combo regimen to follow, I followed it and the spots cleared up tremendously in about 3-4 months (I had red, bumpy spots and some red,flat spots). I was thrilled!

Sadly, I got slack, did some backsliding (major culprit was three bottles of single malt scotch gifted over a three month time frame) and the granuloma returned, even more pronounced. This time, though, it was not going away as quickly while following a GF regimen. :-(   Long story short, one of the aforementioned medical friends mentioned she had a similar problem and was given a shot of Betamethasone and Triamcinolone (dosage based on her weight) and that cleared up her GA! Excited by the prospect, I tried it, got a shot in my hip/backside. 3 weeks out and my arms are almost clear, my torso is clear, and the backs of my legs are beginning to fade. Even my staff have noticed!

I realize that this might not be for everyone, but it has worked for me. I will still continue the GF diet, but this helped jumpstart the clearing process.

If this helps anyone, I am glad!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.