Skip to content
Ad

Granuloma Annulare

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Does the sun help!

I have had GA for almost a year, I was bitten by a horse fly on my left side, a week later a rash appeared then it appeared on my right side. It has spread to my under arms down to my elbows, my groin area, stomach and the backs of my legs down to my knees! I live in Spain and was told by my doctor that...

Last reply
  • List of physicians who have successfully treated our disease

I believe I contracted this horrible disorder when I was around the age of 10 or 11 or 12. I fell on some rocks that were covered and barnacles while in the ocean and several years later these red pink spot started showing up and started growing. As we all know how granuloma annulare gross starts at...

Last reply
  • Treatments for GA Monster

Hi girls, NJ here.     I am just starting the ROM treatment.   Have any of you heard of the Eximer Laser?    Insurance approved me for that also, a study was done where they lasered off the lesion and it never came back.    Sounds promising if this dosent work....

Last reply
  • I think I have found a cure for my granuloma annulare

Hi everyone,  this is my first time on this site. I started off with Granuloma Annulare about 5 years ago.  It started off as a small circle on my shoulder which I said to my husband I think I might have a ring worm or something.  After going to the doctors he informed me that I had the...

Last reply
  • Treatment strategies...more ideas!

Hello, I'm Lisa, a happy, healthy woman in my 50's - Random purple/red rash  (ankles/ legs/ wrists/elbows) appeared within past year... GA diagnosed by biopsy. Tried strong steroid topical cream w/ minimal results. I am amazed how passive my dermatologist and physician have been! Bascially...

Last reply
  • Tattoos and piercings with granuloma annulard

Hi there I'm a GA sufferer but at this point accepted my fate. My question goes out to anyone in the community who has gotten piercings or tattoos whilst suffering with the condition. I'm a very artsy and individual person and I'd like to get some body art but I'm so hesistant and worried...

Last reply
  • Finally seeing progress with Granuloma Annulare

Hi All, ​I have had GA for nearly 20 years. It started on my elbows and is also on the back of my calves and from time to time its on the top of my feet or inside my forearms. I also have UC so I feel strongly that there is something causing inflammatory reaction to my body that I am being exposed to-...

Last reply
  • Beneficial skin treatment

I've been using Trader Joe's Mineral Sunscreen Stick (looks like a tiny deodorant stick) and notice that the areas where I apply it my GA has been reduced.

Last reply
  • To all Granuloma Annulare sufferers - what else is going on?

I have GA for 8 years - we all know that this skin disease itself is not painful however I want to know if other things are going on within your body?  I, personally, have issues with toe and leg cramps and nerve pain. Is this related or something else all together? If you could please share your...

Last reply
  • Treatment Option

i have had generalised Granuloma Annulare for9 years. It is red, large and mainly on my neck and forearms. I was referred for the first time to a Consultant Dermatologist. He has prescribed an anti biotic called Doxycycline and an ointment called Protopic. I have to take one tablet per day and apply...

Last reply
  • UVB treatment does it work?

i have had GA, for 3 years, started on my stomach, now all over legs and spreading up sides of my body, I noticed when sitting in sun for good couple hours, last year,it started to fade on my feet im now on week 3 of UVB, treatment, only up to 1 min 55 seconds, go 3 times a week, no improvement as yet?getting...

Last reply
  • Getting rid of Granuloma Annulare

Hello! I've just joined so that I can pass on some information that may help. It may be a long one but bare with, I've waited 30 years to get rid of my granuloma annulare or at least try and control it and now I've managed to achieve clear elbows for the first time since I was 13! (all the...

Last reply
  • Granuloma Annulare

I have had Granuloma Annulare for many years, I also have thyroid disease and was put on synthetic medication for this problem.  After many years of suffering generalized granuloma I discussed with my doctor if I could change my medication from a synthetic drug for my thyroidism to a natural one...

Last reply
  • It's back

After writing about an improvement a few weeks ago,by drinking hemp milk My GA has flared up again with a vengeance so sadly it was a very short term Improvement.it looks worse now .I have been very stressed so that may be why It's gone worse. It's spread to my knees now,whereas it was on my...

Last reply
  • Vitamin E and Zileuton treatment?

Hi there! I'm looking to see if anyone has tried using Vitamin E with Zileuton (anti-inflammatory drug used to treat asthma) for their GA? If so, any good results? I'm a 21 year old woman and have had GA since I was 16 years old. It began on my foot and ankles predominately on my right side after...

Last reply
  • New to GA - Any Success with Diet Changes?

Hello, I was just diagnosed (biopsy) with GA last week.  I noticed the spots on my elbows about a week ago and was lucky to get into a dermatologist right away and have a biopsy done.  Unfortunately, the dermatologist and my doctor have not given me any treatment plan, really.   I asked...

Last reply
  • Improvement

After being ill with thrush of oesophagas I could not drink milk made me feel sick Started drinking hemp milk, rich in omega 3,s. After a bad flare up of granuloma I now am seeing a drastic reduction , redness nearly gone and patches much smaller I have had granuloma for well over 15 years. I still...

Last reply
  • cob cob

GA and another possible option for treatment

I hope this is ok to post. A company called Bliss Kiss has an oil developed for nails and cuticles. Another GA sufferer was in a trial using the oil for Eczema and psoriasis and they let him in the trial also. He reported after 2 months his spots were gone. I called the company yesterday. They started...

Last reply
  • Had GA since I was 21 years old now 39! Frustrating!

First sign of GA was after a terrible sunburn when I was 21. Spots started to form from a pimple into a ring like structure. It itched terribly! I immediately got a biopsy because I thought I got ringworm. Biopsy came back GA. I usually get spots on elbows, knees, behind knees, buttocks, groin and...

Last reply
  • GA

I have been to my GP and he is almost sure I have GA. he has never seen it on a patients face which is where I have mine. Does anyone have GA on their face.

Last reply
  • GA right forearm 3 years spreading

have had GA on right forearm last 3 years spreading outwards. Also now have it on other parts of arms legs and abdomen. Dr.dermatologist. Said  it usually clears up but it has not. It's really annoying and looks terrible. Don't know what to do. Dr gave me different prescriptions , creams...

Last reply
  • Question?

I have been dealing with GA for almost 2 years.  I recently tried clobatasol creame and UVA light therapy to no avail.  My doctor has recently put me on 10 mg of methotrexate and folic acid. My GA really had no effects (itchinging, etc) until I started taking the methotrexate(I've only...

Last reply
  • Help with a treatment for disseminated GA...

I am a 60 year old female that has GA for 2.5 years. I have tried the following: Humira ( (the rash returned about 6 month and I got drug induced Lupus as I stopped the drug) Methotrexate (1 person, 33.33%) plaquenil Phototherapy MSM Diet: No Carbs or Sugar for 3 month. (I lost 12 pounds) AuricularTherapy(accupressure)...

Last reply
  • Do men have this disease, or is it a distinct female disease?

Sorry if I haven't been able to read every post or research article on GA, so I may be asking an already answered and obvious question. Just seems to me that most every post and thread I've read has been written by a woman.  I contracted GA a couple of years ago.  Have been menopausal...

Last reply
  • Recently diagnosed, need advice

Hello, I just recently found out this horrible rash had a name and that a cure was looking slim. I have many behind both legs they are around a dime in size and raised, I also have the small ring like ones in between both legs and under my arms. I remember seeing the one's under my arms and at one...

Last reply
  • Itchy type of Granuloma Annulare

I had the most severe itching for almost 2 months before my primary Dr. thought I had scabies and I went through treatment for it. You can still itch after treatment which I was. The dermatologist report from biopsy came back saying I had GA. I thought perhaps I had both that and the scabies. When I...

Last reply
  • Granuloma Annularae Sufferer

I was diagnosed with this years ago because I had some patches here and there. But over the past year, it has really spread. I am so tired of hearing that there is nothing that can be done. I have ised steroid creams and steroid courses and nothing. I now have it on my wrists, the bends of my arms and...

Last reply
  • STRESS and granuloma annulare?

I am nearly certain that my granuloma annulare is due to poor immunity- and stress. Before I got glandular fever I was going through the most stressful time in my life and was having frequent and intense breakdowns where I would cry for days on end. Then, after getting really sick i was still dealing...

Last reply
  • This is the WORST

So.. until a few days ago I had never heard of GA. Sept. 1 I started visiting a tanning salon. I was going three days a week for ten minutes to lie in a bed. After about a month I noticed two really itchy patches, being concerned and terrified it was skin cancer, I went the dermatologist. From the time...

Last reply
  • Granuloma annulare is the bane of my life.

I like the others have had this condition since i was about 7. I was told it would burn itself out, which it did on most areas. But last year it came back on my tummy i have more of that than stretch marks! in the last two months it has taken over my body i have it eveywhere, it makes me very uncomftable...

Last reply
  • Granuloma rt histamine

Has anyone related elavil to their granuloma. I read it can cause increased histamine levels. I was on a clean diet and was eating gluten free, lots of fruit smoothies etc. started using MSM powder and my rash starting spreading more rapidly. When reading foods high in histamines I realized these were...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.