Humira works!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had generalized GA for over 10 years now, the ugly kind, all over torso, feet, inside arms, upper inner thighs (not sexy at all!) Good thing I'm 68 now and pretty much gave up on dating. It started soon after I received a tuberculin TB test and attribute it to that, but I also have herpes. No other disease. I have tried all of the above!! PUVA, hydroxychloroquine, antibiotics, steroids, and on and on, nothing worked, until a few years back a dermatologist at Kaiser started me on subq injections of Humira. After a course of 6 injections, all my GA was gone! I stopped the treatment and it stayed gone for almost a year. My GA recurs every spring, around March, gets worse in the summer, somewhat better in the winter. I was elated to have found something that works! But now that I am retired and on Medicare plus extra coverage with Humana, they are telling me that Medicare doesn't cover Humira for GA! I would have to pay out of pocket thousands of dollars! I'm heartbroken! Just wanted to spread the word around that Humira (TNF inhibitor med) worked like magic for me, in case you are able to get your hands on this med...and see if anyone can suggest a way to have medicare approval!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Humira is prescribed for other conditions maybe you have one and therefore can continue on Humira.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.