Granuloma Annulare and Raynauds Disease

Posted , 4 users are following.

does anyone else suffer from GA and raynauds disease/phenomenon? i have both and am wondering if they are connected in some way.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Interesting that someone would make this connection. They are indeed possibly related. I was diagnosed 20 years ago with Raynauds syndrome by a doctor who really wasn't sure what I had, but it was his best guess. I am still not certain if I ever had Raynauds, because my symptoms presented as a tingling/numb sensation all over my body (not just hands, literally everywhere, even my face)- if anyone touched my skin for an extended period of time, say a massage therapist or a friend rubbing my back, I would start to tingle everywhere & then just lose all sensation in my entire body. Couldn't tell if I was putting my lips to a glass, couldn't tell how hard I was touching anything, so I would drop things because I thought I was holding them tightly enough but wasn't, etc. When I would get bouts of it, I'd have to take off work because I work with my hands. It started out showing up a few times a year, lasting a week or two at a time, then would just completely disappear. Over the years, it would last less and less time (maybe 10 mins or so towards the end of having it) until after about 10-15 years it just never came back.

I no longer have the "Raynauds" or whatever it was, but got GA about 5-6 years ago. I never thought to put those two together (and I suspect that not everyone who has one gets the other), but through research and speaking with doctors, it seems that both conditions can be associated with Lupus or thyroid conditions in some cases. Almost everything seems to point to GA being associated with autoimmune issues. I did find an article after seeing your question that pentoxifylline has been successfully used to clear both Raynaud's and GA, so that's interesting.

• Posted

hi , I also have both REYNAUDS and GA - GA for a few years and areynauds for about 20 years

Ive tried several natural remedies to no avail.

• Posted

GGA is autoimmune and once you have one autoimmune disease you have a 75% chance of getting another one. Pentoxyfilline did resolve my GGA but unfortunately it was only temporary

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.