Granuloma Anulare and breast implants

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a double mastectomy 10 years ago and had breast reconstruction with implants. 6 years ago i developed granuloma annulare which has become widespread and severe in the last 2 years. do these two things corelate? has anyone else with implants suffered from granuloma?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i am covered in GA (diagnosed with biopsies) from my feet to my hips. Never had implants. No drugs, no alcohol, no medications. I eat cleanly too and am at a healthy weight:. Not much topical anything used either. They have no idea why they are there but they do not go away.

Have tried steroid cream, shots injected i to every lesion, multiple antibiotics, laser. Nothing works yet!

Would love to hear if ANYTHING Works!

• Posted

i had implants for many years and had them removed to see if my GA would improve. i waited 6 months and no improvement.

Needless to say I got new ones (saline) and my GA persists.

its an autoimmune disease and nobody knows why it occurs just like the rest of them. I feel lucky not to have something like RA or lupus. GA is ugly but not life threatening that I know of.

With all of the genius immunologists in the world someone has to figure it out sooner or later! I hope!!

Take care .

• Posted

I have never heard of any correlation between these two things, but would be interested to hear if anyone else has had the same issue. I'm sorry you've had to deal with these things, you must be a tough lady.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.