GA related to dental implant?

Posted , 2 users are following.

When I think back to when this all started, it was around the time that I had a dental implant place. The dentists say there is "no way" this could be related but I have several autoimmune conditions. My body actually rejected the first implant and a second one was placed that is still in my mouth. The GA is generalized and continues to get worse, much much worse after my second covid vaccine. Impossible to figure out what is causing it.. Has anyone else had an implant and then GA?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have not had any dental implants so I cannot address that possible connection, if there is one. However, I have had the full series of Covid-19 vaccines, including all boosters (I work in rural U.S. schools that do not mask, social distance, or have improved air filtration), and I experienced no flare ups of my GA after any of them. Just one person's experience, but thought I'd put it out there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.