Turmeric is a safe anti-inflammatory substitute for Predisone

Posted , 3 users are following.

I "cured" myself, here is my scenario.

I received my biopsy results confirming my granuloma annulare. I was given a prescription of betamethasone, and prednisone . This all worked temporarily, but within a week or two of the stopping the prednisone, it all came back. This went on for over a year.

I have been taking 2 tablets of turmeric curcumin for years as an anti-inflammatory and part of my daily morning vitamin ritual, but it dawned on me that the purpose of turmeric is the similar to prednisone, but MUCH safer. long term use of prednisone can be dangerous, and thins your skin over time.

So I doubled my dose, two in the morning, and two at night. Within a few days, the granuloma annulare subsided. Now, this alone is not "proof". The proof for me was that i went on a long road trip, and didn't bring my turmeric, I figured I was fine, and didn't need it. Well my condition came back with a vengeance! So I began by twice daily routine of turmeric again, and it went away!

Fast forward another year, same thing, didn't take my turmeric, and it came back again. Realizing now that I am one of those patients that will have it for a long time to come, I am now religious about taking it. Five years now, and still, whenever I go off of my turmeric routine, I start getting that little itch after a few days, and I know what I need to do.

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi! Thank you for sharing. I have also been on a tumeric supplement for a year or so and noticed great reduction in how inflammed my lesions were. However, I started prozac a couple months ago and for the first time in about 5 years I have new GA spots and my older spots look very inflammed again. I am going to try doubling my tumeric dose and hope for the best!!

• Posted

Janet,

I sent you a message, not sure if you got it or not. Could you tell me the Brand name of the product you use and where you get it from, please? Also, just a question to ask you, do you happen to have Breast Implants?

I am trying to find any answers to my rash as well, it is about to drive me insane.

Thank you,

Rita

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.