What cured my Granuloma Annulare

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a ring of GA pop up on my finger a year and a half ago. It started out very small and now has grown to the size of my pointer finger. Of course no dermatologist could provide any treatment to help it go away, I tried all types of steroids to no avail. I thought I would just have to live with it and hope it wouldn't spread to the front side of my finger for everyone to see. Very frustrating.

Flash forward to two weeks ago when I was hit with a terrible bout of food poisoning. I barely ate anything for three days as I was recovering. Miraculously my GA significantly cleared after those three days! You can barely see the outline of it anymore. Prior to the food poisoning, the GA was very inflamed and I could tell it was growing.

Here is what I changed in my diet after the food poisoning to help it stay clear :

• No more coffee- I was drinking 3-4 cups a day. Coffee is terrible for the lining of the stomach. I have switched to Green Tea.
  • I have switched to all organic foods. I can't imagine how many pesticides I was ingesting and how they wreaked havoc on my gut.
  • No more sugar
  • No more processed foods
  • No more carbonated water- this REALLY made it flare up
  • No more blueberries, these are really acidic ( I had no idea!)
  • No more nuts of any type
  • Lowered my intake of acidic foods

I would encourage you to take a hard look at your diet and eliminate food and drinks that might cause it to flare up. I am going to fast again for another 48 hours to try to clear it out for good. Giving my body the chance to correct itself without dumping loads of preservatives, chemicals, and pesticides on it has been life changing. I hope someone out there finds this helpful, we must stick together as it is up to us to find a cure for GA!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, very glad to hear your GA is clearing up and thank you for sharing your experience. I've had the local type GA in an area on my side/back for 5 years- yours sounds localized too. I've had two occasions where I've had only one circle show up on my leg, both times those disappeared without recurring. The one on my trunk seems more systemic and has not gone away for good no matter what I've done. It always will go away for a while (the longest it disappeared was earlier this year for 5 months & I thought it was permanently cleared), but then comes back. It sucks. So just from my personal experience, the lesions can & do disappear, sometimes for quite a long time, but have always come back. I hope yours goes away for good, but to be honest, while I think eating right is always a good idea (and I do), I don't know how much it is able to cure GA for good. My doctor told me that they think it could possibly be related to thyroid, but that not enough studies have been done to confirm or dismiss that. There is no way to currently know what actually causes it. It is definitely some sort of autoimmune disorder....It is so common for it to go away and come back, so I'll be hoping for you that yours stays gone. Good luck!

• Posted

Let me know if that worked. Are you still clear.

Thanks,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.